Sorry if this is a silly question but my work is 90% commercial and industrial but we have got a big dommestic (block of flats) to bring to standard.

Stoves/oven - I have never seen a stove coupler in my electrical life in the 12 years I have been here . I also never seen, unless main switch on the DB is an Earth Leakage or the stove/oven plugs in to a socket, a cooking appliance covered by earth leakage - just a double pole isolator by the side of the appliance.

I saw on the back of some of the (admittedly mostly quite old) stoves that there was a lable stating "Must not be connected via Earth Leakage".

I also saw some flats had cut the plug off and connected to an (very old) existing 6mm cable - obviously not right.

What must we give people to connect there stoves? Where does my responsibility end?
In most cases I have seen just a double pole isolator supplied by a 6mm not on earth leakage.
What control do we have over the next tennant coming in connecting up to the cut of 6mm the last tennat left?

My take is if a stove is under 16amps then connect via earth leakage plug to and that fine.

But in these flats they are mostly big stoves and most are 6mm cables (in various states from the old cloth covered cable to new twin and earth) on 32 amp breakers going to double pole islators and then a 6mm down to where its connected to the stove.

I know these stoves will cause nuisance tripping of on earth leaklage and, honestly, I don't want to be forever being called back because the tennants crapped out (and most of them are crappy old things) but if the rule is - must be on earth leakage then thats what I'll do.

Am I misreading part of the SANS 10142?

Only asking as like I said - never seen a stove coupler - never seen stove on the Earth leakage side of the board. Its usually in there next to the lighting breakers.

Advice please. Asking because I want to do it right before the keyboard warriors slate me.