Good evening everyone. I have been reading through the forums and have had some questions answered, but there are still a few I'm wondering about.

My first question is to do with twin-and-earth wiring. I see electricians wire light circuits with 1mm twin-and-earth. They say it's allowed as the whole installation is LED lighting and a typical circuit would barely draw more than 1 - 2 Amps. Seeing as a light circuit(s) can draw 10A allowed by the breaker and the 1mm T&E can carry 16A (if I'm not mistaking) I can understand their awnser but is it legal? Is it to do with the earth wire being too thin?

Secondly, regarding stoves, some stoves come packaged with a short cabtyre lead connected to it (but no plug). Are electricians allowed to disconnect that cable at the connector block in the back and connect their cable coming straight out the wall into the oven? It cancels the need to make a joint, but does it effect the warranty of the stove?

What is the difference between the ECB and ECA? What are the pro's and cons of being a member of the ECA?

I have come across installations that have an earthing problem (no earth). It is also impossible to install an earth spike or earth mat as the building is surrounded by concrete, bricks and stone. One specific building was also a historical site and they did not allow for any conduit or wire to be installed on the outside. Some electricians say the only way then is to bridge the incoming neutral (above your mains) with the earth bar. I have also heard Electrical Engineers say that for extra safety, this can be done in any case on installations. Is this valid?

Are DB's required to have a mains breaker if it has an earth leakage with no overload protection? Keep in mind, this question only pertains to installations with prepaid meters which has overload protection. Again, I heard that if it has a prepaid, it doesn't need a MCB. Is this correct?

Is it still a requirement to install a MCB in the draw box on the outside of the house? (it's usually the CBI 60A 5kA mains). I spoke to an electrician from the municipality the other day, and they say they don't want them installed because it makes it easier for people to bypass their meters.

TIA