Thread: Clearline closed down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks

Clearline closed down

Anyone know if Clearline lightning protection has closed down?

I sent 2 units for assessment ... possibly damaged due to a power surge around July 2019

The units were cleared as OK ... however when i replaced them on site 28/08/2019... we started experiencing a few issues with the display and the units would not energise within a few days of replacing the units.

I sent the units back to clearline ... dealing with their technical deapartment (Paresh) ... I was then told the batteires in the units had to be replaced and that was the last i heard.

I contacted them to follow up a few months later still nothing.

Its now 25/06/2020 ... i have tried on numerous occassions to sent emails ... with no response.

Today i tried all the numbers ... not one number was answered ... i can only asume they have closed down.

https://surgeprotection.co.za/
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    It seems they are still open ... i got a response from them to inform me that they have escalated the issue with the trip connect units we were experiences problem with from this time last year and will sort them out and return them so that i can install them back on site hopefully within the next couple of months.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Some feedback ... I have just received a replacement trip connect ... Taken a while but hopefully I can close that job card in the next week or so.

The others are being tested and hopefully will be sent to me soon ... then i can close those job cards and the customers will have insurance cover again (the only part of the just under R200 000 claim paid out by the insurance company)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Sent an email to find out how the testing was going for the trip connects which I sent in.

Good news today I received the lastest model tripconnect 3P-V2 (apprently the old units were unrepairable)

Out the box ... WOW nice and compact (the size of a din mount timer)

The first question (considering wher ewe are with technology) does it have blue tooth or wifi connections ... will have to get back to you.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Compared to this old massive piece of equipment ... it is much better.

https://surgeprotection.co.za/produc...p-programmable