Thread: Electrical bargaining council pensions

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Electrical bargaining council pensions

I get a call from a company ... calling themselves Cold case tracing.

Heres the catch contact number have chaged over the years and i mean like 8 times ... my number is not advertised anywhere ... i dont give out my personal contact number ... yet i get a call from these people.

I take down the deatails as i always do (I dont trust anyone) and call them back and request that they explain how they got my number ... the response they use legal means to track you ... mmm ineresting.

Then i asked why them how much as a middle man do they take as payment for tracking a person ... I was told they get a small fee ... the question is who pays them ?

I am told that the baigaining council had invested the money wth Sanlam and old mutual ... who are now using Cold case tracing to track down people who have money in the fund.

So if you get a strange call from 010231387 ...it is this company tracing people for Sanlam and Old Mutual.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I wonder how many people have money invested in pensions ...and dont even know they have the money.

I need to find out how to go about checking if there is money outstanding ... i left the electrical industry many many years ago ... I did pay a pension back then ... it will be interesting to see if there is money growing year sof interest.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    i left the electrical industry many many years ago ... I did pay a pension back then ...
    Was this in Kzn, or elsewhere?
    (There are different regions - KZN, Western Cape, and then pretty much the rest (Region A & B), some with multiple funds over the years.)

One place to ask when it comes to electrical contracting industry funds is the NBCEI.
    The other option is the Fund Administrator - which in the case of KZN is currently Sanlam Employee Benefits.

Cold Case was recently appointed as a tracing agent for the Kzn fund, so the approach was likely genuine.

4. Thanks given for this post:

ians (19-Jun-20)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    It turns out they were legit ... i dont trust anyone ... so it took a a few calls to verify.

What blows my mind is that the means they use to trace you and identify you ... makes you realise how exposed you are once you enter the internet platform.