Thread: communication and consistent emails

Thanks

communication and consistent emails

Every single communication that we have with clients and potential clients has some sort of bearing on the relationship (no matter how small). For me it is important to come across clearly and professionally and so I've been looking at some email issues that I have...

Basically I (and I think everybody) need to make sure that my client/prospect sees exactly what I expect them to see with little or no variation in formatting and font etc.

I use Thunderbird as my email client. I'm guessing that more than 80% of people use Outlook or Outlook express, and I'm able to format my emails to display correctly for those, but the format is not necessarily consistent across other clients - Gmail for one.

So I can either change to Outlook (and lose the things that I like about Thunderbird, as well as generate horrible HTML), or find a way to ensure consistent formatting.

Anyone looked into ensuring consistent email formatting?
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I haven't played with HTML too much in emails (yet). However, I follow what you say about cluttered code generated by MS products.

A technique I use to strip out the extra stuff is scrub the document I'm transferring from one program to another through Word pad. Surprisingly effective.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.