Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FXCK Picn n Pay and Hollard Insurance

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Angry FXCK Picn n Pay and Hollard Insurance

So today my daughter and I go to Pick n Pay as usual to get our groceries. My daughter and I split up and after walking around a bit I get accosted by a guy asking all sorts of insurance questions - of course I tell him to F-OFF and leave me alone. Anyway, when my daughter and I get back to the till she tells me that a guy came up to her and asked her all sorts of questions about her insurance. She eventually got rid of him. While we were speaking about this the people in the queue with us also commented on this new nonsense. It soon came to light that Pick n Pay has a deal with Hollard Insurance whereby Hollard Insurance gets to HARASS Pick n Pay shopper inside their stores trying to sell insurance to them. I bet that Hollard gets all the Smart Shopper Card data in return.

FXCK PICK N PAY AND FXCK HOLLARD INSURANCE.

I want to buy my groceries in peace. Is Pick n Pay going to allow secondhand car salesman and estate agents to follow us around and HARASS us in their stores next?

I take exception to this nonsense. I refuse to use their in store card and I resent being harassed in store by Hollard Insurace!!!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Agreed Adrian. Ambush marketing is the lowest form of cold calling that you can get. I've had a friend who would humour such low class sales people and waste their time for hours on end, asking silly questions and giving them false hopes and information. Unfortunately I do not have the patience for that and would also poke a finger in his eye.
    You could also report this to the store manager and write an open letter to their respective HO to be published in a national newspaper.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    Agreed Adrian. Ambush marketing is the lowest form of cold calling that you can get. I've had a friend who would humour such low class sales people and waste their time for hours on end, asking silly questions and giving them false hopes and information. Unfortunately I do not have the patience for that and would also poke a finger in his eye.
    You could also report this to the store manager and write an open letter to their respective HO to be published in a national newspaper.
    I complained directly on Facebook pages of Pick n Pay and Hollard. Pick n Pay asked for my telephone number and the store details and said that they would get back to me.

Although I enjoy wasting ambush marketers time I lost my $h1T when I found out that he interrogated my daughter. I will also say that I have a terribly short fuse these days and that this sort of blatant abuse sends me right over the edge in an instant.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The other one that gets my goat, is the number of times, I am interrupted by a phone call, only to be greeted by some prerecording attempting to sell me insurance, or what ever.
    Do people actually buy this crap from this type of annoying marketing?
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    The other one that gets my goat, is the number of times, I am interrupted by a phone call, only to be greeted by some prerecording attempting to sell me insurance, or what ever.
    I let the unsolicited calls run until they realise that there is no-one interacting from my side. Waste their time and money. Block the number after they end the call.

The problem today is that people have no respect any more. You don't just walk up to someone and tell them to buy your product/service. That is why I hate cold calling. It is intrusive and disrespectful. Rather do some homework fishing for information, then make an appointment to see the decision maker, not the child with the parent!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    I cancelled my Telkom phone line because of this and the fact that debt collectors kept harassing me by looking for people that left my employ up to 5 years earlier. No matter how many times I told them that the people no longer work for me they would call incessantly. Telkom should sue the annoying debt collectors for their loss of income!!!!!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Pick and Pay phoned me and told me that they have an agreement with Hollard Insurance to do this in all their shops.

I WILL NOT SUPPORT PICK n PAY ANY LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    I let the unsolicited calls run until they realise that there is no-one interacting from my side. Waste their time and money. Block the number after they end the call.
    I do the same, except that they simply change the call number/Number ID and harass you again a week or two later.

Unfortunately my cell is also part business number, so when it rings I'm not sure if it is going to be a business call, and answer.
    I also have some clients who block their caller ID which exacerbates the problem, I am not sure if it is a client calling.
    I do not answer my cell out of business hours if I do not recognise the number.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Pick and Pay phoned me and told me that they have an agreement with Hollard Insurance to do this in all their shops.

I WILL NOT SUPPORT PICK n PAY ANY LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They've lost +- six grand a month from me since they started treating us all like 4 yr olds and insisting we push a trolley to buy a loaf of bread.

Derek

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I cancelled my Telkom phone line because of this and the fact that debt collectors kept harassing me by looking for people that left my employ up to 5 years earlier. No matter how many times I told them that the people no longer work for me they would call incessantly. Telkom should sue the annoying debt collectors for their loss of income!!!!!
    I had the same problem... kept getting harrassed by an attorney firm ... found out the name and contact details for the firm ... contacted them as a customer requesting assistance with a problem .. went through to an attorney ... and put my case forward ... you want to hear an attorney loose their shyte when she realised the case was to sue their own company for harrassement.

It seems such a waste of my time ...but the attorneys response made up for it ... you should try it.

I found another one that works ... debt collectors harrass you ... take the time to get details (i know it such a waste of time) find out which compnay has sold the debt to the debt collector ...then just hammer the company on their face book page... take the info and just keep loading the crap to every article they post ...over and over ... then watch how quickly they contact you and get the debt collectors to remove your number... once again such a waste of time ... but it works.

I find you can fight with people for days weeks months ... then when all else fails PM them on their facebook ...if they dont respond and sort out the issue then start with the comments ... generally within hours they contact you to try fix the issue.

I had a probelm with Major tech ...tried contacting thier head office got sent from one person to another until eventually i left my number 3 months went by ...still not sorted out ... i message on their face book page ... within hours i had 5 missed calls and 2 messages on my phone.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast