Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Swartruggens shooting

Suspended
    Thanks
    a storeman at one maintenance unit

it is good to see people with such positive attitudes...it all makes a difference...people need leaders with the right attitude.

Thanks
    I just want to highlight that Dave completed his post from last night, and it is well worth a re-read if you happen to have read it before it was completed.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Murdock, I have seen a few things in my life, but nothing compares to the things you guys went through. In my time at Maleoskop, I worked with ex Koevoet and Rhodesian SAS. I also had the pleasure to work with ex 32 and 5 Reccie in the security industry. I take my hat of to you guys. You went through hell just to be betrayed by the NP. I cannot imagine what it means to think you are fighting for a cause, go through hell and back just to see everything was bs at the end.
    My respect goes out to you!
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Thanks
    Dave truly a quality post. I applaud you for your wisdom. South Africa has to many people that keeps the racial divide alive. We need leaders that can see through race into the future of our young ones.

In many ways this all makes me think of the Social class divide centuries ago. If you were not in a high social class, you had no chance of reaching success. Although there is still social divide today, everywhere in the world, it is being avoided and denied of its existence. A very good friend told me years ago (when I was just his employee) "Roelof, you are my slave! Is that what you want to be? lol, He changed my life at that moment.

We as society are constantly trying to break the borders of the past by force, it hasn't worked until now and it will never work until we address the real issue that cause the human race to carry their legacy from parent to child.

We are weaklings trying to be Gods in a world where free thought is programmed thought.

We need leaders that envision change through leadership by example, do this country have that atm?

There is allot of fear for retaliation in the Swartruggens area atm, what leader has gone there to defuse the situation? What leader will actually realise, that this was not a racial killing, but simply a mentally disorientated boy that went to far and the community needs to hear it from them? Is our leaders so weak that they are simply to colour blind to realise their true purpose in this healing country!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think there have been a whole string of quality posts in this thread.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is exactly what I was worried might happen - escalation:
    AfriForum has laid a charge against an African National Congress MP and all other organisers of a demonstration held outside the Swartruggens Magistrate's Court on Thursday, the organisation said on Friday.

Kallie Kriel, AfriForum's CEO, said it lodged a complaint with the South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) against Patrick Chauke for alleged hate speech and the incitement of racial tension.

He said Chauke directed blame at the white community during the protest action, where protesters were yelling: "Kill the Boer, kill the farmer".

Johan Nel (18), who allegedly shot and killed three people and wounded seven in the Skielik informal settlement, was appearing at the Swartruggens Magistrate's Court on Thursday. The killings are alleged to have been racially motivated.

"If the SAHRC does not call leaders such as Chauke, who exploit the tragic events at Skielik to incite racial tension, to order, the racial instigators will continue stirring up polarisation in the community, which may eventually result in a spiral of racial violence," Kriel said.

Kriel emphasised that Chauke, who as a leader is supposed to act judiciously, had been responsible for ensuring that matters did not get out of hand during the protest. But, "Instead of calming the protesters, Chauke incited them against whites."

AfriForum is a civil rights initiative established by labour union Solidarity.
    full story from M&G here

Thanks

escalating the racism card

Escalation was also fuelled by Commissioner Jody Kollapen of the SAHRC yesterday morning when interviewed on tv.

When asked why it was that black on white issues were regarded as crime and white on black issues as racism, he replied that racism was mainly a factor of one race feeling superior to another. As most white people were in denial and still regarded themselves as superior they are responsible for racism.

With logic and comments along these lines by the man in charge - do you think AfriForum is going to get far by lodging a complaint with the SAHRC?

While there is no doubt that racism exists at all levels of all classes and society within each race group, it is also no doubt that these so called 'leaders' are playing a dangerous political game, maintaining and keeping racism alive as it suites their personal aims and ideals.

I also have no doubt that the worm will turn as it always does for them. In the meantime the innocent, unfortunately, will get hurt as these egotistical manics bend lifes rules. Lets hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marq View Post
    When asked why it was that black on white issues were regarded as crime and white on black issues as racism, he replied that racism was mainly a factor of one race feeling superior to another. As most white people were in denial and still regarded themselves as superior they are responsible for racism.
    The counter-argument is that some folks see things that way because they are in denial that they have an inferiority complex.

No wonder this just keeps going

Suspended
    Thanks
    the black white problem will never go away....and if it does humans will find other issues...be it religion...race...language...there will always be something.

my take on this country is we need to sort out the crime and the poverty and the race issues will improve.

Thanks
    One thing that is clear to me is the fact that racial devide is where the ANC's power lies. They know it very well, so they will remind people about it to ensure they fear voting for a more neutral party. Think about it for a second. Does any other political party stand a chance to win an election in this country? Why would that be? I mean is the ANC really that good a party looking after the people of South Africa? Seriously, if they do not keep the memory of racism and apartheid alive, they know they do not stand a chance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast