Good day to all

I have another hypothetical question regarding a Rent Deposit that has not been paid in full.

The info I have is that the owner of the business paid the Rent deposit at the beginning of the month, but he rented additional space which he had not paid the deposit for yet.
To be specific, R15000 was paid to the property letting company, R6000 was a Rent Deposit, R9000 was for the Rent Expense for the month (including the additional space rented). It is confirmed that the additional space is part of the lease and to my knowledge the Rent Deposit should be R9000, but the owner has only paid R6000, and thus owes the property letting company R3000 for the Rent deposit? If the letting company has not yet given any statement/invoice that the owner of the business owes the R3000 deposit, can it be recorded in the general journal? The company is a VAT Vendor and pays commercial rent.

My recording in the general journal is as follows: (this is just a basic excel spreadsheet journal, no software as it is for an assignment)

Dr/ Rent expense R7826.1
Dr/ VAT Input R1173.9
Dr/ Rent deposit R5217.4
Dr/ VAT Input R782.6
Cr/ Bank R15000

I then went on the assumption that you can record the outstanding Rent deposit of R3000:

Dr/ Rent deposit R2608.7
Dr/ VAT Input R391.3
Cr/ Creditors ctrl/Company R3000

Please advise on if you can record the outstanding amount even if no invoice was given for the outstanding amount. This is for an assignment and is why it is only a basic excel general journal entry and part of an assignment. Sorry for the very long message.

Thanks in advance!