Thread: Sonoff Products

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Sonoff Products

Dear readers...

I would like to take a moment to vent my frustrations dealing with the Sonoff smart range and its manufacturer.

I am in the smart iot industry for home and business building towards smart communities and smart cities.

I have used a range of various products on the market and I've really been let down by Sonoff.

I've ordered,received and installed aprox 500 devices for a smart complex. This was installed last year around June.Since then, I've had aprox 230 device fail either non responsive, or completely dead.

I was purchasing these items from a reseller, who at first stepped up and changed out about 40 devices, thereafter they referred us to so off directly in order to address the issue.

Sonoff team admitted that there were aware of the defective units released into the market??? Even with this knowledge, they have not been upfront with their assistance to rectify this error on their part.

When enquiring about this further and asking for replacement units, I was told that they would send it with my next order, which involves a tiring process of filling in documents upon documents with projections and commitments to purchasing minimum order quantities. And only under these circumstances would they then send my replacement units.

So now I have to buy more potentially defective products in order for them to swop out the ones which have defected already.

Has anyone else experienced this as yet using these devices or dealing with this manufacturer or one of its resellers?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    What i cant understand about defective products... why companies are not held responsible ...like the motor industry... they mess up ...they have to recall and fix at their cost.

I see this shyte all the time ...faulty products distributed ...then it becomes the installers responsibility to replace at our cost and embarrassment.

I bought a pair of shoes a while back ...they literally fell apart within 2 months of purchasing them... i took them back to Cape Union mart where i purchased them...they literally laughed at me ... so i took pics of them and went viral with what are suppose to be tough outdoor hiking shoes... 2 hours later i got a call ...they refunded the full amount.

Get your facts right... make sure you have all your ducks in a row with a explanation of what happened and how it happened... take the correspondence you had with them and start posting... by the time your posts become the number search for that product they might consider your request... I find that works the best
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    What i cant understand about defective products... why companies are not held responsible ...like the motor industry... they mess up ...they have to recall and fix at their cost.

I see this shyte all the time ...faulty products distributed ...then it becomes the installers responsibility to replace at our cost and embarrassment.

I bought a pair of shoes a while back ...they literally fell apart within 2 months of purchasing them... i took them back to Cape Union mart where i purchased them...they literally laughed at me ... so i took pics of them and went viral with what are suppose to be tough outdoor hiking shoes... 2 hours later i got a call ...they refunded the full amount.

Get your facts right... make sure you have all your ducks in a row with a explanation of what happened and how it happened... take the correspondence you had with them and start posting... by the time your posts become the number search for that product they might consider your request... I find that works the best
    One should never ever accept poor service or inferior products. Ian, your action was correct. The manager of that particular store should be named and shamed!
    There is also the consumer council where you can report poor quality. First, contact the supplier/service provider. Keep a record of all correspondence. If not satisfied with the outcome, contact the Consumer Goods and Services Ombudsman http://www.cgso.org.za/complaints/ info@cgso.org.sa

I try never to get into a fight with an employee or even a waiter at a restaurant. It is always a management problem: either the person did not receive the correct training or the wrong person, with the wrong attitude was put in that position. Grill the top guy where the buck is supposed to stop.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...