Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: TERS-UIF now online process

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    IT seems a good time to log in to UIF is after 4 pm ...site is working 100 % ...it opens on all tabs every time.

So to figue out how much you have to pay to each employee ...you got to payment breakdown report ...either use the tab column visibility (easiest method) or download the CSV or excel spreadsheet ...then go right to the end ...bank pay amount... you will find the breakdown of each employee.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I now have some corroboration on how UIF is handling part payments here.

It seems very poorly considered as it totally removes any incentive for a company to make part payment as the only beneficiary is the UIF. A pro rata methodology would seem a far more balanced approach. e.g If the employer pays 20% of the employee's normal pay, the UIF only pays out 80% of the TERS benefit due.

The second part of that article also talks to leave reimbursement, which may have a different effect - except no-one seems clear as to the specifics and frankly it looks confusing and risky.

I'll throw another situation into the mix here, one which I have inadvertently landed up in.

Two of my staff members were only laid off for the first two weeks of the lockdown. And with the very best of honourable intentions and as I understood the rules, that is all I claimed for in my application for those two employees. However, UIF paid out for the period 27th March 2020 until 30th April 2020 anyway. I paid over only the two weeks worth of TERS benefit to the employees concerned and have submitted a detailed variation report to the UIF, asking for account details and reference number to use so that I may pay back the UIF their refund due.

It was submitted together with my proof of payment submission. UIF have acknowledged receipt and said they will get back to me once they have reviewed the submission. (I suspect an autoreply).

It's going to be interesting to see how that one plays out.
    Additional corroboration here . Although the two articles are so similar I wonder if its not the same author / source. There really does not seem any point in paying partial salaries. Either you pay them in full (ish) or when you can't you pay nil and claim.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabia View Post
    Hi

I am getting the same message as Audrey for a few days now. With no success i have called (automatic reply refer to website) and emailed the uif dpt. Error UFL1020. At wits end . Not sure what to do. Has anyone been able to resolve this matter.
    Hi

Did you manage to solve this error? I'm now getting the same error message and not sure what to do. thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Can anyone help me with this error please. I am trying to add an employer to my uFiling profile.

UFL1020: lnfornation captured is not the same as per the Fund . Ensure the data captured is
    correct or send your registration to e-mail address Newui8registrations@labour.gov.za.
    Hi. Did you manage to get anywhere with this error message? I'm now getting the same message. thanks

Thanks

still trying to get registered to ufiling

Quote Originally Posted by MEG2020 View Post
    Hi. Did you manage to get anywhere with this error message? I'm now getting the same message. thanks
    I cant add my UIF reference number to UFILING

I am getting the following message

lnformation captured is not the same as per the Fund . Ensure the data captured is
    correct or send your registration to e-mail address Newui8registrations@labour.gov.za.

Is there any advise on what to do?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BusFact View Post
    Additional corroboration here . Although the two articles are so similar I wonder if its not the same author / source. There really does not seem any point in paying partial salaries. Either you pay them in full (ish) or when you can't you pay nil and claim.
    It's very confusing and the documents provided by the government for clarity are shocking.

Has anyone definitively confirmed via a claim that you can part pay and get a payout. For example if a staff member normally gets R20k, and we cut salary by 10k, they get paid R10k from us and then get the full R6,680.40. The FAQ from the DOL is as clear as mud.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rhowes View Post
    It's very confusing and the documents provided by the government for clarity are shocking.

Has anyone definitively confirmed via a claim that you can part pay and get a payout. For example if a staff member normally gets R20k, and we cut salary by 10k, they get paid R10k from us and then get the full R6,680.40. The FAQ from the DOL is as clear as mud.
    There has been a change in how UIF is going about this. This is an updated UIF FAQ document which reflects the change (go to page 7 - where there are some example variations on Scenario 2).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TERS-part-payments.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	7894

In essence, UIF has now changed how they apply part payments by the employer to now ensure that the employee does not receive more remuneration than what they normally would receive (rather than deducting the entire part payment by the employer from the UIF's payment as they were doing previously).

I still suggest a pro-rata approach would have been better as the challenge with this new approach is the UIF benefit does not form part of taxable remuneration (so in some instances the employee will be better off after tax). But it is a vast improvement on how UIF was doing it previously.

Thanks
    Hi there.
    Yes after MANY MANY MANY emails.

Send UI 8 + CK documents to:
    For employers who have Ufiling problems either to register, update employee records, etc. the Employer Auditors are responsible for this function and refer all employers to the following colleagues:

1. Johannes Tlome @ Johannes.Tlome@labour.gov.za
    2. Cwayita Mvunge @ cwayita.mvunge@labour.gov.za
    3. Damaris Modise @ damaris.modise@uif.gov.za
    CC UifComplaints@LABOUR.gov.za

Good luck, it takes perseverance and patience. I would suggest follow up daily!

Thanks
    Hi

Is there any update on TERS claims for foreign nationals?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Just one or the other should work, Ian. I only uploaded the csv file and it all worked out.
    Hi Dave A,
    Did your employee information show on the website after you uploaded the CSV file?
    I've uploaded it twice this week, Monday and again Wednesday, but it still shows 'No Employees Found. Add Employees'
    Each time I got an email stating that the upload was successful, but I have my doubts....

Did you upload the file using pipe separator as their document requests, or was your CSV file separated with actual commas?
    Apologies for all the questions.....thanks.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast