Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TERS-UIF now online process

Thanks
    Hi Dave, how were you able to resolve this error message please. I am getting the same message for a few days now. With no success i have called and emailed the uif dpt. Error UFL1020

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Audrey, I have done the same as you with absolutely no progress so far.

In terms of working around the problem, fortunately I am using payroll software that produces a file that can be emailed to UIF. I have now had confirmation that the submission has been processed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Great news on the payment amount details front. I have been checking the https://uifecc.labour.gov.za/covid19/covid19 website each morning. This morning there is a new menu bar option when you log in - Payment Breakdown Report. I'm still working my way through the details and exactly what we're supposed to do, but there is a payment breakdown per employee and you can download an Excel file (assume the csv also has the same data) which has all the details line by line too.

4. Thank given for this post:

Andromeda (23-Apr-20), ians (23-Apr-20)

Thanks
    I abandoned the ufiling page, registered on UIF/TERS and with 24 hours had my employee funds received.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I applied 7 days ago ...and received an email notification to say they had received the application... still nothing.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    What might sound like a silly question... if you upload the CSV file with all the employee details do you have to add the employees or do you have to do both the CSV file and the add employee details?

**I have done both just in case.
    Last edited by ians; 24-Apr-20 at 04:19 PM.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just one or the other should work, Ian. I only uploaded the csv file and it all worked out.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Is this TERS-UIF support only meant to be applied for if your staff are receiving no pay at all? Or can it be used to relieve some of the cash flow pressure caused by paying wages during lock down?

To explain more fully in case the above is not clear. I am currently able to pay wages for a bit longer, but I am using working capital to do, which means suppliers will get paid late or we will not be able to order adequate material when we reopen. If I am able to access this TERS-UIF fund, I can pay the balance of their wages not covered by the UIF payout. Essentially the UIF and I will each be paying half the wages, allowing me to pay them for longer and reduce the need to steal cash which will be needed to run the business when it opens again. Am I allowed to do this? If my EMP return shows I am paying them 50% of their wages will that reduce the UIF payment further? I believe UIF only pays around 38 to 50% of the wages, and that would create quite some hardship for my staff, which is why I want to supplement it. Thoughts and advice please.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Just one or the other should work, Ian. I only uploaded the csv file and it all worked out.
    Ok so it seems something is happening... I went to employer details ...all my info is loaded.

Then went to employees details ...nothing it just indicates no data available in this table.

So i went to payment breakdown report ... on previous days ...nothing however this morning when i checked ...it indicates successful payment or decline payment ...when you click on successful payment ...a drop box appears at the top of the page ...you click on "ok" my employee details appear on the screen and at the same time a document is downloaded to the computer.

I am assuming this means i should receive payment in the next day or 2 ?

Thanks
    I have a few clients who cannot find or do not have a uif number although payments via sars efiling have been made. Is there a way to get numbers?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast