Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 - UIF process for Electrical Contractors

Platinum Member
    Thanks

Covid-19 - UIF process for Electrical Contractors

Hi

Thought I would stick this under the Electrical contracting forum since it is relevant to Electrical contractors only.
    This particular process anyway - I am assuming that more Employers associations and Bargaining councils will follow suit.

There are going to be challenges obtaining the required information for submission and thought the thread could be a place to place questions an answers for contractors

The information is on the NBCEI website - http://www.nbcei.co.za/UIF.html - and I have loaded the circular for information - There are various templates on the website that need to be completed

National circular 03 April 2020 UIF COVID 19.pdf

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm adding a link to the article by Stephen Khola - COLLABORATION BETWEEN THE NATIONAL BARGAINING COUNCIL FOR THE ELECTRICAL INDUSTRY OF SOUTH AFRICA AND UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE FUND. Not only does this deal with the UIF claim processing initiative, but also sets out the relief given to employers and employees in respect of pension fund and other collective agreement related contributions.

Graham, I agree some aspects of this has me scratching my head. For example, are we expected to open a separate bank account dedicated for this?
    If not, should we anyway?

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    The separate bank account issue appears to be for NBCEI only to show funds received and paid out to contractors - Looks like we only have to be able to show proof that we paid across to the employees.

The 3 months worth of certified bank statements is going to be a challenge and doesn't make sense when UIF already has monthly returns that would surely show red flags if you suddenly inflated salaries.Even easier would be to submit 3 months worth of EMP201.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    We provided proof of payment batch for the wages paid to our staff and that seems to be acceptable vs supplying 3 months of bank statements .
    Used the manual form instead of payroll forms which has also been accepted so far.
    Thank goodness for copy and paste function which made it less painful

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Hi
    I see Pastel has finally released an update that will produce the report needed for TERS that should simplify things

The NBCEI has extended the submission date to the 22 April for electrical contractors to get on Board with the UIF claim

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GCE View Post
    The NBCEI has extended the submission date to the 22 April for electrical contractors to get on Board with the UIF claim

Is the window the grant application is for going to change with that? The last circular I got reported a claim period for 27th March through 7th April. With the application deadline extended to 22 April, we may as well claim right up to 30th April.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Not sure Dave - Will ask our connection .
    NBCEI was having to adjust there collective agreement to include Covid and submit to DOL which I understood to be happening yesterday
    Seems like the paperwork from NBCEI was not as str forward as originally envisaged.
    At least they ,NBCEI , will actually have to work through the lock down and not cruise at idle speed.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Did the application as an employer this afternoon... registered online ...logged in... downloaded the documents in xl format ...uploaded them to the laptop ...filled in the spaces...

UIF reference number :
    shutdown from :
    shutdown till :
    trade name :
    contact number :
    email:
    ID number:
    Remuneration (monthly) :
    employment start :
    employment end :
    sector min wage :
    leave income :
    bank name :
    branch code :
    account type :
    account number :

**and PAYE number:

save as a CSV file and upload with a bank statement... and the employer document ...which is pretty much just the company and banking details.

done.

apparently 36 000 claims were rejected today due to people not saving the xl document in CSV format.

if the next page bombs out ...just go backspace and try again ..it works on the second attempt.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    From today we are required to carry a new Essential Services Certificate which covers us for the extended lockdown period. The previous certificate became invalid yesterday.
    The certificates will apparently be emailed to us in time or you can download it from the Bizhub

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    To make a mistake is human, to learn from that mistake is knowledge and knowledge is strength.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I am still trying to figue out what to fill in ...this is why i pay a man to do this shyte for me ...i know for a fact that one of those many rejected applications was from me.

Someone posted that there is a pastel update ...i contacted the man about the update ...he had a look ...will send me a bill for a filling in all the spaces and send me a CSV file ready to upload to the uif site ...done and dusted.

I told him he should offer the service to all his customers ...everyone is happy to pau him.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast