Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid19 TERS Process

Email problem
    Thanks

Covid19 TERS Process

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile the necessary information for my two employees to claim from the emergency UIF fund during the lockdown but one of the columns of the spreadsheet I have to submit (as part of employee information) asks for: "Leave Income (During Shutdown)". Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks,

Andre

Thanks
    That is the monthly remuneration amount you are going to pay the employees while they are on leave / absent from work.
    No good deed shall go unpunished - Oscar Wilde

Thanks
    Hi, I am also grappling with the filling in of Covid19ters forms. What criteria do you use for the minimum wage column which is mandatory? I have been researching official gov sites and blogs and forums, I gather R17712 is the cutoff for benefits. But my understanding is that 38% to 60% will be paid of this? On the email received with Covid19ters instructions under the NMW category "Other Sectors" is R166.08 per day which seems ludicrous for staff with tertiary education. Would really appreciate some clarity on this if anybody can help. Thanks!

Thanks
    You use those minimum wage figures stated. UIF benefits will be calculated by UIF and may exceed R3500 per month. You'll find more here https://www.labourwise.co.za/labour-...saster-benefit
    No good deed shall go unpunished - Oscar Wilde

Thanks

U-Filing Problems

Hi,
    I wonder if there is somebody on this site that can help me out with U-Filing problems. I have only started working at our company in January and it seems that our previous bookkeeper never registered any of our employees on U-Filing and therefor we can not claim from the Covid-19TERS fund. In order to claim we have to ad our employees on U-Filing but now we can't get hold of the username and password that he would have used to set the company up. I have been emailing every day and also been on the phone with them every day but we are not getting anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Based on the webinar recording on UIF - TERS I listened to at The Tax Faculty, you are pretty much up the creek without a paddle.

(If you have an hour to waste and really want to know how stuffed we are in trying to deal with UIF at the moment, skip the 1st half hour of the recording, and then watch from there. In particular watch the stream of comments that came in as the webinar unfolded. Don't expect much in terms of solutions to real problems so many of us are experiencing. Expect one heck of an insight into just how bad the situation is).

On the uFiling log-in credentials problem, the UIF representatives said call the Call Centre.

It seems everyone else's experience of the call centre is much like mine - they may as well not exist (assuming for a moment that they haven't actually shut down).
    None of the numbers work of late. (If anyone has successfully got through to a UIF call centre and spoken to a real person for anything in the last week, I'd be pleased to hear about it).
    Even the few people who reported getting through at some point in history reported the call centre said they can't help you - you have to send an email.
    And then the email was never responded to.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    HI

Has anyone successfully received the UIF Ters payment for May? I have submitted the application last week for 2 employees for May and still no payment. I uploaded the required documents.
    The only issue I have with the supporting documents was my proof of payment. I had them as separate PDF's, I uploaded the one and it forced me to the next screen. Is there anyway to re upload supporting documents?
    The status of the application is still not yet processed.
    Would appreciate any advice on this please.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kavesh View Post
    Has anyone successfully received the UIF Ters payment for May?
    I've been posting my updates for May in this May TERS Claims thread.

9. Thanks given for this post:

kavesh (09-Jun-20)

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I've been posting my updates for May in this May TERS Claims thread.
    Thanks, Dave I will follow here.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kavesh View Post
    HI

Has anyone successfully received the UIF Ters payment for May? I have submitted the application last week for 2 employees for May and still no payment. I uploaded the required documents.
    The only issue I have with the supporting documents was my proof of payment. I had them as separate PDF's, I uploaded the one and it forced me to the next screen. Is there anyway to re upload supporting documents?
    The status of the application is still not yet processed.
    Would appreciate any advice on this please.
    Thanks
    I submitted for two clients on the same day, within the same hour.
    One received the money (into the company bank account, not as they said into employee accounts) while the other is still waiting 10 days later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast