Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: COVID-19 - Lock down

  1. #1
    Site Caretaker Dave A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Durban, South Africa
    Posts
    21,839
    Thanks
    3,164
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12

    COVID-19 - Lock down

    So South Africa has a 21 day lock down commencing midnight Thursday 26th March 2020 and ending midnight Thursday 16th April.

    Things just got real.

  2. #2
    Site Caretaker Dave A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Durban, South Africa
    Posts
    21,839
    Thanks
    3,164
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Please post links in this thread to information to the financial support programs being put in place.

    e.g. Apparently there is going to be support via the UIF program.
    There will be relief in PAYE payments.
    Emergency personnel and various categories of business activities will be designated as "essential" and will keep operating.

    It sounds like specifics will be coming out "shortly".

  3. #3
    Full Member EAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    They are looking at temporary relief from SDL and UIF.

    The relief on PAYE is that you can short pay with up to 20% of your PAYE for the next 4 months. Nowhere does it state that you get a discount of the 20% PAYE. Thus you will have to pay the 20% x 4 months after the 4 month period is done. So you will then almost pay double PAYE in one month after everything is back to "normal".

    If your cashflow can handle it, I'd rather pay the full PAYE than extending it and then sitting with a big amount 4 months down the line
    Wisdom is to do now what you will be satisfied with later

    https://erasmusw.wixsite.com/e-ab

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    East London
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Indeed. But physical lockdown does not, and should not, mean mental lockdown. Here are 3 tips for business owners to stay mentally strong under the circumstances:

    1. Daily meditation
    2. Practise gratitude
    3. Visualise your goals

    Now is the time to slow down, take a step back and reflect, re-prioritise and re-strategise. In short, start planning for when things return to some semblance of normality, at least in a business sense. This will help you to either maintain or build momentum during this time and hit the ground running when you can get back to business.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    East London
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    HOW CAN YOU IMPROVE SALES DURING AND POST-COVID 19?

    Right now businesses are struggling. Sales have either dropped or are dropping. Various companies/employers have had to make tough decisions about laying off employees. It is a tough time for everyone concerned.

    However, from a strategic perspective, now is the best time to reflect on and re-strategise your sales process. This is a useful plan for two reasons:

    1) It will enable you to adapt to the current circumstances
    2) It will help you to build momentum and be ready once the worst of the pandemic is over.

    With this in mind, here are some steps that you can use to improve your sales both now and after the crisis:

    1. Identify where you need sales to improve. Is it only one product or service, or all of them?

    2. Re-assess your target market. Are you marketing your service/product to the right market? Do some Target Market Research.

    3. Assess your customer service and sales processes. Identify any issues that may need to be rectified.

    4. Consider hiring a sales/business coach.

    5. Determine if you have any sales weaknesses and learn how to fix them.

    If you need help with any of these strategies, please feel free to reply to this post. I'm offering a FREE coaching/strategy call for business owners, managers and entrepreneurs to provide coaching support.

  6. #6
    Diamond Member adrianh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    5,289
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 828 Times in 662 Posts
    Please stay on topic.
    Last edited by adrianh; 29-Mar-20 at 10:39 AM.
    “Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

  7. #7
    Diamond Member Blurock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    3,616
    Thanks
    685
    Thanked 797 Times in 656 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
    Indeed. But physical lockdown does not, and should not, mean mental lockdown. Here are 3 tips for business owners to stay mentally strong under the circumstances:

    1. Daily meditation
    2. Practise gratitude
    3. Visualise your goals

    Now is the time to slow down, take a step back and reflect, re-prioritise and re-strategise. In short, start planning for when things return to some semblance of normality, at least in a business sense. This will help you to either maintain or build momentum during this time and hit the ground running when you can get back to business.
    So are you a business coach? You have not completed your profile.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

  8. #8
    Diamond Member Blurock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Durban
    Posts
    3,616
    Thanks
    685
    Thanked 797 Times in 656 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by EAB View Post
    They are looking at temporary relief from SDL and UIF.

    The relief on PAYE is that you can short pay with up to 20% of your PAYE for the next 4 months. Nowhere does it state that you get a discount of the 20% PAYE. Thus you will have to pay the 20% x 4 months after the 4 month period is done. So you will then almost pay double PAYE in one month after everything is back to "normal".

    If your cashflow can handle it, I'd rather pay the full PAYE than extending it and then sitting with a big amount 4 months down the line
    This is a way to assist with cash flow, which is the second most important thing in a business, after customers. Cash flow may assist you in buying product/materials to supply your customers.I anticipate some shortages due to factories being closed and imports being restricted. You can only make the sale if you can deliver the goods.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    East London
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    So are you a business coach? You have not completed your profile.
    Yes Blurock. I'm a Business Growth and Leadership coach. Haven't had the time to complete my profile but I'll get on it. Thanks for letting me know. Hope you're taking it easy.

  10. #10
    Diamond Member adrianh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    5,289
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 828 Times in 662 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
    Yes Blurock. I'm a Business Growth and Leadership coach. Haven't had the time to complete my profile but I'll get on it. Thanks for letting me know. Hope you're taking it easy.
    How many successful businesses do you have? What is your net worth?
    “Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. COVID-19 – The responsible SA Business Response
    By Dave A in forum General Business Forum
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 03-Apr-20, 08:55 AM
  2. [Question] Status 81 (Lock Error)
    By Adepsa in forum Accounting Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-Mar-18, 05:05 PM
  3. NUMSA agrees to NEASA demands to end lock-out
    By Justloadit in forum Labour Relations and Legislation Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-Jan-15, 08:25 AM
  4. New Online Lock Smith Scam
    By Spartan in forum Scam Alert Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-Jul-13, 12:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •