Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 The responsible SA Business Response

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    21 day lockdown ...that's me done... one thing i have learnt from this... all those assets which I have accumulated over a period of time mean absolutely nothing in a time like this... i will certainly be rethinking my stractergy going forward.

I have shared out what money i have left with my staff and taken a small portion for myself to buy food and stuff to get me through... i have sent them home to so they prepare for the shutdown.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    21 day lockdown ...that's me done... one thing i have learnt from this... all those assets which I have accumulated over a period of time mean absolutely nothing in a time like this... i will certainly be rethinking my stractergy going forward.

I have shared out what money i have left with my staff and taken a small portion for myself to buy food and stuff to get me through... i have sent them home to so they prepare for the shutdown.
    See it as a time to take stock and decide what is really important to you. I set my life up so that I could work from home and be with my kids as much as possible. That decision is paying off now (in a somewhat strange way)

It isn't all doom and gloom - I like being on my own and as such this is an opportunity to catch up on some reading, R&D, doing tutorials etc.

We are still alive and the world hasn't ended. We have a lot to be thankful for even though we are living through this trying time.

Watch this video and stay safe. The cartoon just shows that although life has its ups n downs you can still be happy. Its all about your mindset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WyR4AqRweY

Thanks
    I am a small business owner, luckily I dont have any staff, however I do have loan accounts and suppliers to pay monthly. I thought I would be covered by my business interruption insurance. Reading the explanation of the cover on the website https://www.santam.co.za/blog/busine...your-business/ it sounds fantastic. However after visiting my broker today she emailed me the company response: this insurance only covers physical damage to property that prevents work. I swear in my next life I am going to work in insurance. You can always find a way to squirm out of covering your clients.

Quite honestly without any financial assistance my business will close, I can not last 3 weeks without income. What's worse is that the lockdown falls over month end which means my account customers are unlikely to pay until after they come back, whenever that will be...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The shutdown hasnt even started and the rats have already started ... i am already getting calls offering loans.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Adrian ...now we know what you do in your spare time

Its not all doom and gloom ...I am done financially (just my cash flow) what is important is i have what I need to make money ...my health and my equipment... i need about 60 days to finish all the projects at home... these next 21 days are gona be busy.

Cleared out all the scrap metal and took it to the dump ...got a couple hundred bucks... paid for supplies for the house

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Sign of the times ... Tinder pick up line!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CovidCleanFun.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	7848

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Wouldnt plumbing and electrical be regarded as an essential service?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=ians;154775]Adrian ...now we know what you do in your spare time

LoL - "Spare Time" now that is a strange concept. My work / hobbies / relaxation is all rolled into one.

Anyway, I understand that my lifestyle and outlook on life are not norm so best I keep quiet about such things...

Be Safe, Be Healthy and most of all Be Happy...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Business question.

As a small business who qualifies and a basic procedure to apply for the support?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Business question.

A list of essential services who will continue to operate besides doctors...nurses...police...security companies?

For example ...you can go fishing if you have a commercial license and provide food.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast