Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 The responsible SA Business Response

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We all know about washing about washing our hands and that kind of stuff ... i went to hospital 3 days ago and got the whole run down... asked a million questions etc etc etc... they even take your ID number and physical address so that they can track you down.

My concern is how is business going to handle this pandemic and what is your responsibility as a company?

with regards to wages when staff are off sick... or if they go into self quarantine....do you pay sick leave until it is completed ...then take annual leave ?

if staff arrive at work ..can you force them to leave the premises if they are showing signs of the virus? what then do you have to contact the health department to come to your business premises and lock down the entire building and everyone in it?
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The important questions.

If you as a employee cant pay your bills at the end of the month ... are banks and other money lenders gona offer a grace period for example your bond or vehicle finance ...insurance companies etc.

Is business going to allow a tax exempt at the end of the month for people who get ill and cant work?

Is the government going to assist business which take a knock if employees get ill and dont go to work causing the business to stop production?

There is a bright side to this whole thing ...we could as a country provide food for the people... rather than buying from everywhere else in the world ...we have the land and the people.

This country has potential to do anything... we just need to stick together and make it happen... this virus is going to affect a lot of people ...just imagine if we allowed it to affect us in a positive way.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Here are some simple South African posters that you can print.
    https://thebreadcrumbs.co.za/covid19poster.html

My big concern is how are SMEs going to survive with minimal work?
    We have got a few jobs in to print some Covid posters, but nowhere near enough to cater for the dearth of other work.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

4. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (22-Mar-20)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Here are some simple South African posters that you can print.
    https://thebreadcrumbs.co.za/covid19poster.html

My big concern is how are SMEs going to survive with minimal work?
    We have got a few jobs in to print some Covid posters, but nowhere near enough to cater for the dearth of other work.
    Just received a message doing the rounds in the UK.

All South African Citizens entitled to claim R785 a day .............starting the 17 March 2020 .......no matter employment status... blah blah.

it is a message with a link...that is more money than most people earn a day in this country... i would be very weary of the link attached to this message.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We just got a warning from our neighborhood watch that people are going around claiming to work for Netcare and testing for the virus. Seems to be a new robbery ploy.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Covid-19 is going to cause lots and lots of parents to go insane......we are forced to have our little $h1Ts at home for the next month....

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Covid-19 is going to cause lots and lots of parents to go insane......we are forced to have our little $h1Ts at home for the next month....
    If you are fortunate enough to work from home ...what about all the households which both parent work.

We are in a bit of a spot... even the holiday care where my daughter normally goes during school holidays is closed

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We are in deep shyte ...apparently not only are we in a technical recession ...the country is broke... no surprise ...after all the looting ...why would they have put something away for the rainy days... there is talk that they might drop the interest rate but other than that ...there is no money to assist the people of this country.

They are saying dont sell your stock even though they are falling through their a$$.

They were showing people panic buying... hello ...its not panic buying ...its being smart in many ways.

prices are still normal.

products are still available.

but more important ...

there is only 62 infected people ...so going to the local mass store is still pretty safe

so call it what you want ...at least i have the most important stuff covered.

The first thing people say when they are put into isolation ...i wish i had done some shopping ...dont be that fool.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    If you are fortunate enough to work from home ...what about all the households which both parent work.

We are in a bit of a spot... even the holiday care where my daughter normally goes during school holidays is closed
    I've been working from home for many years. I do 99% of the work at home and hardly ever need to go out. My clients have their drivers deliver and collect from me more or less once a week. My eldest daughter still lives with me and I take her to varsity every day. My other daughter stays in the hostel in Stellenbosch. All that it means for us is that my eldest daughter I I won't go out at all and my youngest daughter is going to go stay with her boyfriend in Muizenberg. My wife works in the UK and her company is very good with this sort of thing. In real terms this thing has absolutely no effect on my life whatsoever. I like living like a hermit so now I don't have to go out at all for the next month. We did buy some supplies but nothing out of the ordinary - Just the most important stuff we would have bought in the next 4 weeks anyway.
    Last edited by adrianh; 16-Mar-20 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks
    Someone asked a question yesterday and I have yet to hear an answer.

How safe is one in a swimming pool ?

Derek

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast