Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 – The responsible SA Business Response

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Derlyn View Post
    Don't know. Maybe they've got a different type of electricity there where pliers and screwdrivers also don't need to be insulated.
    Unfortunately, our type of electricity doesn't work like that.

Besides .... I might pick up some or other virus from the floor. ( Just to add to the paranoia )

Cheers and peace out ... Derek.
    Disposable shoe covers.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Don't know. Maybe they've got a different type of electricity there where pliers and screwdrivers also don't need to be insulated.
    Unfortunately, our type of electricity doesn't work like that.

Besides .... I might pick up some or other virus from the floor. ( Just to add to the paranoia )

Interesting...but it is actually rude to wear shoes indoors in some cultures.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Interesting...but it is actually rude to wear shoes indoors in some cultures.
    I worked in this unit about 5 months ago. Same owners. Nothing to do with culture. Everything to do with paranoia.

Good idea Ians. Now the million dollar question. Where to buy ?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I worked in this unit about 5 months ago. Same owners. Nothing to do with culture. Everything to do with paranoia.

Good idea Ians. Now the million dollar question. Where to buy ?

Fair enough. In that case they should make you take all your clothes off - How does the virus know where the shoes end and the jeans begin.....

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Only 1 week left ...for me anyway no matter what happens i will be going back to work on Monday 4 May 2020... i have officially run out of cash flow and to make things worse Ethikweni decided to update my electricity account...the last time they billed me was in 2018...this month they decided it was time to bill me... R26 000.00 fortunately i have been paying all little extra every month and had R10 000.00 credit balance ... but dont have R16000.00 in cash laying around at the moment.

Like all the people walking along the street digging in the bins this morning... walking up and down my road in groups... the parties happening across the road from my house ...visitors in and out (8 black plastic bags of empty bottles on the road this morning ... taxis full of people... people robbing houses and business... using shopping as an excuse to go for a drive with the wife... this whole shut down is f^&*% joke.

Something just doesnt seem right... only 3635 confirmed ...1055 recovered already and 65 deaths... either it is all bullshyte ...the vaccine we had as kids... the temperature is too hot in SA ...who knows ... something just doesnt seem right.

With 500 billion rand to blow ...at what price to the country as a whole ... add in a BBB-EE and a few will continue to enjoy the holiday.. while many will struggle to feed their families never mind pay bills at the end of this month.

As the guy cutting the grass this morning said ... what is he gona do with R350 ... he doesnt even know where to start with claiming the from the fund... and even if he did ...who is gona pay for his room (R750 for the month they dont have bond relief) I am pretty much in the same boat... i got bills to pay ...i have had a really awesome month holiday... but it is time to get back to work so i can pay bills.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Even if your industry comes out of lockdown, you can still be hammered by connected party dependencies. For example, given its reliance on the property transfer market, if my electrical company can operate, but Deeds Office doesn't re-open or estate agents can't function and close new deals, the company is still going to be severely negatively impacted.

Thanks
    Corona-virus is main problem for everyone and a lot of who are face this problem and corona-virus spread is emotionally challenging for people, changing day-to-day life in unprecedented ways. All sections of society – including employers and employees – should play a role to protect themselves and each other and help prevent further spread of the disease. WHO is providing advice and updated information on COVID-19, and on how employers can protect their employees, what measures they should take in the workplace and other related factors.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Even if your industry comes out of lockdown, you can still be hammered by connected party dependencies. For example, given its reliance on the property transfer market, if my electrical company can operate, but Deeds Office doesn't re-open or estate agents can't function and close new deals, the company is still going to be severely negatively impacted.
    Another issue is that the demand side is down too. People are simply not spending their money on luxuries because of job losses and fear of further lockdowns. One of my customers is an international food producer and they say that their local demand is down to 30% of what it was before. They are also heavily depended on various other industries such as custom packaging manufacturers and also logistics and transport companies. It is going to take a long time to get that entire infrastructure up and running.

There is another interesting side to this debate - I was speaking to a friend that supplies an industry that is mostly entrepreneur driven industry (kinda like the make your own T-shirts or mugs sort of stuff) - He said that he just had THE BEST month ever. It seems that people are realizing that they should do something for themselves to supplement their income. His products cost anything between R30k and R200k so people are investing heavily in the future. We spoke at great length and I can see the opportunities in joining forces with him. I think that there is money to be made if one supplies products or services to those who are keen on getting their own home industries off the ground.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, this virus has greatly affected all areas of business worldwide. Time is not the easiest, and many have to survive.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zomes View Post
    Unfortunately, this virus has greatly affected all areas of business worldwide. Time is not the easiest, and many have to survive.
    I would rephrase this to: "The IDIOTIC over-the-top stupid response to the Covid-19 virus by some governments is destroying many businesses"

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast