Hi,
Hope everyone is doing well.
I love reading this forum as I learn so much from everyone.
I have however stumbled across a pastel issue I am currently experiencing and I cant seem to find a previous question relating to my issue. I am hoping someone can assist.

I am a laptop user, Windows 10. Recently my pastel has become slow when logging in, opening the screen and just to punch in log in details takes several minutes as pastel is not-responding. Then general processing of invoices, banking etc has also suddenly just slowed with the same non-responding issue. To call up information, such as doing a bank reconciliation, waiting for the invoices to match takes at least 5 minutes. I had our IT check out the laptop for any issues, but they could not find anything as all other programmes on the laptop is working fine, such as emails, excel etc has no problem. It only seems to be a Pastel issue. When I login on a desktop, I have no such issues so it definitely pinpoints to a pastel/laptop problem.
All other users of Pastel is working fine, with no issues.

Could it possibly be the hard drive of the laptop that is causing this issue with Pastel?
or any suggestion of other troubleshooting I can try to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Take care all
Christina