Thread: Messy bookkeeping

Thanks

Messy bookkeeping

Hi everyone. I got my first real job as a bookkeeper for a small company,
    however I am really struggling to do my job properly because I am in the learning phase and the records of the Company are very messy. The company also does International transacting and I am very confused. Does anyone know how I can clean up the records.
    Some of the issues are vague descriptions that are pulled from the bank statements as is, inconsistent recording and lack of original source documents.

Thanks
    Who does the bank? Sounds like bank manager is being used. You will need to clean up those allocations and descriptions and start a system for all documentation. What specifically are you wanting to clean up other than that?

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thank you so much. I will start sorting out the descriptions and allocations. From this point forward I will scan all receipts and other source documents that the business receives.
    I want to clean up the ledgers as it is challenging to pull accurate records because many errors were made during the original recording of transactions. The business uses the SageOne accounting systems. So the the only transactions recorded are the ones pulled from the bank feeds.

Extra Info:
    I am a recent graduate so I have no real working experience. I have I have been working at the company for 2 months now.