Thread: Extreme delays on Pastel Xpress18

Silver Member
    Thanks

Extreme delays on Pastel Xpress18

Good evening,

I certainly hope someone can assist.

I have a client with Pastel Xpress18 with a POS add on.

Whenever I want to update supplier/customer invoices it simply freezes to such an extent that I have to go to task manager and close the program. When I log in again, everything is updated, but this is a serious issue.

Pastel support ‘fixed’ it once before, but it didn’t last long.

What am I doing wrong here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I think when you update a batch, pastel runs through the "print document" portion for each invoice in the background, before updating. If the default windows printer or the printer under file..printer font settings for those documents can't be found / isn't active on that users machine, it can take a long time to update. Try setting the default printer to a locally installed printer (not a network printer) and on the pastel menu before updating a batch and see it that resolves the issue. Sounds crazy, but might work

Also check the size of the database - some customers keep all documents from inception on their systems - they aren't cleared by default at year end. Make a backup, run the delete history / clear files - delete invoice and open item history 3+ years and older. Post a batch and see if that fixes the speed issue. They will have to open the 2019 set of books to draw historical documents once you have done this. If they are a Feb year end, wait till after rollover. They will have a CO2020 database with all their history in it to reference if required.

Antivirus exclusions / scanning network traffic can also create issues.

Good Luck

If it is hanging during POS update, there is a documents.mdb file in the company directory - it contains all your POS records. Clearing out old records manually in Access and compacting the database could also solve the issue.