Thread: Emmigrating to UK

Silver Member
    Thanks

Emmigrating to UK

If one were to relocate to the UK as an installation electrician, registered with the DOL and also 60 years old, what would be the requirements one had to fulfill in order to work there as a maintenence electrician or to open an electrical company?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    To make a mistake is human, to learn from that mistake is knowledge and knowledge is strength.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My wife is in the UK working at the moment. She belongs to a Facebook group called: South Africans Immigrating to the UK & Ireland

Join the group - they have access to all the information you need.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leecatt View Post
    If one were to relocate to the UK as an installation electrician, registered with the DOL and also 60 years old, what would be the requirements one had to fulfill in order to work there as a maintenence electrician or to open an electrical company?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    Had a long chat with a mate who has just started the process of preparing all his documentation.

My mate left 2 years ago (master electrician) ...he arrived in December 2018 worked as a dishwasher for the month of December to cover living costs ...started a job as an electrician in Jan 2019 ...had to do a few exams ...passed all of them and is now full legit and making some good money.

One good thing is coming of this brain drain ...the people who stay are becoming more and more valuable... everywhere i go i hear the same thing over and over ...it is becoming very difficult to find people who know what they are doing ...actually do what they say they will do in the time frame they promise to do it in.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    One good thing is coming of this brain drain ...the people who stay are becoming more and more valuable... everywhere i go i hear the same thing over and over ...it is becoming very difficult to find people who know what they are doing ...actually do what they say they will do in the time frame they promise to do it in.
    Yes I am getting the same feedback.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.