Thread: Supplier Detailed Ledger: Writing off the little cents (and a few rands)

Thanks

Question Supplier Detailed Ledger: Writing off the little cents (and a few rands)

Hello,

Version: Sage 50c Pastel Partner (19.2.2)

I have quite a few situations where the balance of the Supplier Detailed Ledger compared to the supplier statement emailed to me is out - ranging from a few cents up to R6.00. Whether it's due to accumulated rounding errors or that we've been doing discounts manually over the years, I'd like to bring my Supplier Age Analysis in line with their respective supplier statements. What I have thought to do is simply issue a Credit Note or Supplier Invoice, allowing me to make my ledger balances equal the statement balances emailed to me. Where I usually write the document number on a CN or PN, I'll just type in "Adjustment". Of course provided that these amounts are all very small (less than R10.00).

Question: Is it acceptable that I use CNs and PNs to do this? Or, is there a better way of doing an adjustment so that my auditor won't cook my goose?

Thanks very much (as always)
    Michelle
    Last edited by michellepace; 22-Feb-20 at 11:12 AM. Reason: grammar

Thanks
    Supplier Journal?

Oh. Is it better for me to rather do Process > Journals > Supplier Jounals > ... choose the supplier and then for the Contra account, choose the account the money is most likely to come off of. For example, if it was for a supplier whom I buy material from - - then my Contra Account is Cost of Sales?

Is this a better (correct) way?

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Use the supplier journal option. Based on the values you are referring to, they aren't material. I would process all the overs and unders to the discount received account. Don't process any VAT on the entries.

Thanks
    Hi Kevin, what if you have to write off a large credit belonging to customers, a sales invoice so to speak, via a customer journal, would you put through with or without Vat? The journal wouldn't impact stock, just clearing of very old credits for which I assume an invoice should've been raised for but never was, and the stock adjustment would have been done at stock take.

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk