Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: inverter selection

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    Yes, also Axpert. They're all rebranded Voltronic inverters manufactured by Voltronic Power based in in Shenzhen https://voltronicpower.com/en-US/Pro...-Grid-Inverter
    That is what i also read... until one went boom... i have been trying to source a main board for the RCT unit which went boom... the boards are apparently not the same... or so i am told now that i am trying to replace a main board.

I am looking into installing solar and inverters at my house (i cant see this load shedding ending anytime soon...with a deadly virus heading this way in the next few months) ...i certainly will not be wasting my money on one of the slightly cheaper disposable units ...i am gona rather wait and find the money to get a victron unit.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Hi Ians, I’m sorry to read about your bad experience. I also have a Axpert inverter and had no idea what to expect from it when I installed it. I decided against the victron brand due to the sales guys for victron were not prepared to give much info on the inverter as it seems like they don’t want to share any information, and they wanted to do the job, but me being a electrician and not wanting other people working on my installation scared me away from victron. But I can say my Axpert has now been going for a year and boy am I impressed with this cheapy. I only paid R8000 for the 4000W cloned unit and my thinking is if it pops I will just go and buy another one again, hopefully it will last 3 more years than I will recover my entire cost on the system. I also think the design and installation method is very important if you install one of these cheapies so that the protection installed will prevent any damage to the inverter.
    Best of luck with your next inverter
    Rifrug

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I am looking for an inverter battery combo box unit 1400 watt 12 or 24 volts complete.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    That is what i also read... until one went boom... i have been trying to source a main board for the RCT unit which went boom... the boards are apparently not the same... or so i am told now that i am trying to replace a main board.

I am looking into installing solar and inverters at my house (i cant see this load shedding ending anytime soon...with a deadly virus heading this way in the next few months) ...i certainly will not be wasting my money on one of the slightly cheaper disposable units ...i am gona rather wait and find the money to get a victron unit.
    The boards should be the same as long as you get the same model, they don't change the boards according to the branding, the inverters are just a straight rebrand.

As far as I know there aren't any replacement boards available. The main board is basically 90% of the entire inverter so a replacement, even if it were available probably wouldn't be financially viable.

What went 'boom' on your board? Can you post pics? If it's a mosfet you can try replacing it (and its associated driver resistors) with a suitable component that's available locally. I've done a few of these inverter board repairs with some sucess. The boards I couldn't repair I've kept for spares so if you can identify the faulty component I'll mail you a second hand replacement if I have one. You can mostly fault-find these boards down to component level with just a decent multimeter that has a diode mode.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    If you just keep trying eventually you will get it right.

I found someone to fix the RCT unit at a small fee R900.

I have managed to find some software solar asssitant and a Pi3 ... after a very frustrating issue with a card reader ... I eventually got the software loaded.

Now to figue out how to connect to the inverters and test the software.

Which reminds me ... time to run a network cable to the workshop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12