Thread: I hope IANS can help me

Diamond Member
    Thanks

I hope IANS can help me

Two of my PIR sensors are not pet safe so the alarm is kinda useless. I purchased two Paradox pet safe sensors but it seems that the wiring is different. (or just the names of the connections) Do you think that I can replace the old sensor with the new one - how would I wire it?

I must say that I have no idea what the resistor is all about - maybe you can shed some light on that too.

Old Sensor
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alarm-Sensor-1 (Large).jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	7803

New Sensor
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alarm-Sensor-2 (Large).jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	7804

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Yes you can replace it.

red - 12VDC +
    black - 12VDC -

N/C - normally closed
    COM - common

Tamper - is for the that silver latch ...if you use the tamper switch the alarm will activate if you remove the cover... but it doesnt look like it is connected ...it looks like the terminal is just being used to connect the yellow wire to the resistor.

The resistor is an end of line resistor ...it is to prevent tampering with the wiring... if you install the resistor at the panel you can cut the wiring and it will not set off the alarm.

OLD PIR from left to right as per the pics.

terminal 1 - red
    terminal 2 - black
    terminal 3 - resistor
    terminal 4 - green
    terminal 5 - empty
    terminal 6 - resistor and yellow connected together (just using it as a mean to connect the wire to the resistor)

NEW PIR

terminal 1 - resistor
    terminal 2 - green
    terminal 3 - red
    terminal 4 - black
    terminal 5 - empty
    terminal 6 - resistor and yellow connected together
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Great, thanks.

I will test it tomorrow.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Just a note for anyone who posts pics of your alarm or CCTV systems... beware the QR code on some of the devices ...they are in some cases the access info for the device from remote locations....especially if you are viewing your system via an app on a device.

A PIR QR code is not a problem... but i thought i would just give everyone heads up just in case you take a pic and post it online.

While talking security... make sure you as the owner of the property are the master of all your security systems... it is apparently illegal for the installer to setup up your system as them being the master ...for example the hikvision is phasing out IMVS and you will only be able to use hik connect in a couple months time...hik connect only the master can add users.

If for example you want to see if you are the master of hyyp home (IDS) for example ...it is simple...you just open the app...tap on the site ...go to the top right corner you will see 3 dots ...tap on the dots ...a list will pop up... notifications ...edit site ...add trigger... delete site and the important one "users" ...if you cant see users it means you are not the master.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Justloadit (20-Feb-20)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I installed them and they work great.

I must say that the alarm company really sucks. I asked them to install pet safe sensors - which they didn't. I asked them twice to to replace the sonsors - which they didn't.
    I also asked them to wire in the garagge back door which already had a mag sensor. They were in the roof and did their tests etc. I turned the alarm on one night and when I turned the alarm off in the morning I saw that the back door was still wide open. The f...krs never wired the door in. I will sort this out myself as well. Why is it that companies just don't give a fxck about their service delivery - one would think that an alarm company would actually do a proper job in the first place. I don't think that this is a South African thing, my wife, who is in the UK at the moment, told me about the terrible service they get there too.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I installed them and they work great.

I must say that the alarm company really sucks. I asked them to install pet safe sensors - which they didn't. I asked them twice to to replace the sonsors - which they didn't.
    I also asked them to wire in the garagge back door which already had a mag sensor. They were in the roof and did their tests etc. I turned the alarm on one night and when I turned the alarm off in the morning I saw that the back door was still wide open. The f...krs never wired the door in. I will sort this out myself as well. Why is it that companies just don't give a fxck about their service delivery - one would think that an alarm company would actually do a proper job in the first place. I don't think that this is a South African thing, my wife, who is in the UK at the moment, told me about the terrible service they get there too.
    You are talking about "technicians" who get paid more than qualified electricians because they do a 6 hours course...who sub contract at a fraction of the cost the alarm company charges you for the work ...they dont get a cut of the material profits ...which if for example the sub contractor uses 5 m of wire you still pay for the roll in most cases...what more do you expect....there is good money to be made and little consequence.

A customer asked me to add 2 door magnets and reconnect a wire he had disconnected because of home renovations... I couldnt help him as i have been extremely busy ...he was billed R2000...at least i now have another means to make some good money when business is quiet

"technicians" are charging R700 - R800 to unclip 2 batteries wires and reconnect a new battery... my mate indicated that he replaced 3 boxes of batteries last week alone for gates and alarms... by 10 am he has already made his turnover for the day ...money for jam ...i am thinking of setting up a motor bike with a fella who will just goes around replacing batteries all day long even if e charge R500 ///its money for jam... as long as this load shedding continues ...the pubic are bending over and being fist f%^&*ed ...thanks to eskom

I have been watching the rate inverters...batteries... generators ...solar panels etc are being sold ...if you are not dumping this shyte onto the public by now you loosing out ...the public are so gullible they are taking loans to blow cash on this shyte in desperation ...because they didnt learn from the years of unstable power over past 10 years (this didnt start 6 months ago...if they not taking it from illegal COC's ...load shedding ...next up is gona be the once off tax ...then the industrialized tariff...then the increased petrol levy ...vat and all the other good things.

As long as the public take it they gona get it... one thing about the EFF if they felt all this crap was affecting them (which is it) they would be burning power station down by now