Thread: Reducing your credit limits with Standard bank

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Reducing your credit limits with Standard bank

WOW ...2 hrs into trying to reduce my credit limits with Standard bank...not because i have exceeded my limits ...but because i have chosen to get rid of any thing that i am charged interest or fees...I just want to reduce them.

I am actually speechless...in 2020 i have to still phone the bank and request to reduce the limit and because the business banker has never done this before and has indicated that they dont have the facility at the Westville branch ...we have had to do a conference call to the credit department which was a waste of time ...because they only deal with people who are forced to reduce their limits... so now we wait...while they try figue out how to do it

It cannot be done on the app.

If you want to go visit the business banker at Standard bank you cannot make and appointment you have to drive to the bank and join the que ...my wife has a cheque account with FNB and she has access to a personal banker 24/7

I remember in 1991 when i started this business i had to go around collecting cheques in the evening then stand in que at standard bank to deposit the cheques or cash a cheque...iit seems not much has changed since 1991 ...you still in 2020 cannot make an appointment to see a business banker at Standard bank in Westville.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I still use a SB Autobank Card that was issued to me in the 70's! I am dead scared to relinquish it.

We also have a lot of business with FNB and ABSA, and I have to agree with you about FNB. They are streets ahead.