Thread: Wholesaler delivery

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Wholesaler delivery

In this day and and age with the technology and delivery services available... why is it that collecting goods from a wholesaler have become the most expensive part of a small project.

So i suggest to my local salesman that he uses his cellphone and whatsapp to receive orders... his response the company doesnt offer free data for his personal phone... really.

or we dont have a truck available until after lunch.

This issue has got me thinking... a small.........large fleet of motor cycles who can collect and delivery small items in a short period of time... there are going to be even more unemployed people as the unions and government screw up the economy... self employed kids who you can message to collect and deliver goods to site at a small fee... which opens opportunity for a bike service business... transport for the youngster to get to an interview once he has completed his studies.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Ian,
    We use The Courier Guy for collections and deliveries. They charge us R60 per trip for the small parcels on local trips. It is all web based.
    They sent out a rep to sign us up and it is all prefunded, It is worth the R60 when you consider your time and petrol costs.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Ian,
    We use The Courier Guy for collections and deliveries. They charge us R60 per trip for the small parcels on local trips. It is all web based.
    They sent out a rep to sign us up and it is all prefunded, It is worth the R60 when you consider your time and petrol costs.
    I also use the courier guy ...however they charge me R120 +vat maybe its time to cancel or get them to send out a rep to reconsider their rate)

I had the same problem with my security company... every year the fee goes up ... i am charged a radio fee which goes up... they advertised a special with a a free alarm at half my monthly rate... i cancelled the contract ...they replied with a new reduced monthly rate... without having to sign a 24 month contract... so i am still on a month to month.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.