Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: virgin mobile

Suspended
    Thanks

virgin mobile

i would like to find out if there are any other people experiencing problems with virgin mobile...firstly when i first signed up with virgin mobile because they offered a much better deal (after being with mtn since the old brick phone and not had any problems)...the phone worked for a couple of weeks then my problems started...nobody could get hold of me because there was a problem with the link to vodacom who virgin piggy back...for weeks...i contacted wendy knowler who had an article about the issue on her show a couple months ago...i was promised the world...i sent virgin mobile a bill for R6000.00+ for customers which i lost...telephone calls...downtime while sorting out this problem...being a 24 hour businness and the companies i do work for run their machines 24/7...my cellphone is the lifeline of my bussiness...they have never even responded to the invoice.

i have not received an invoice from them since june 2007 nor have they debited my account...until today suddenly i had over R2000.00 debited from my account without an invoice explanation or anything just bang money gone...i have been trying to get an answer from them since august last year...but nobody at virgin mobile can tell me what is going on...you call their 123 helpline wait for as long as 30 min for them to answer then nobody can tell me what is going on they transfer you but get told their accounts deptment are not taking the call and they will get back to you well...i sit and wait patiently for 6 months now...since dealing with virgin mobile they are the number 1 worst company i have had to deal with in the 16 years i have had my company with durban electricity a close 2nd.

anybody got any advise for me as to what to do...the biggest part of the problem is i ported my number from mtn to virgin and mtn will not port it back until the so call "contract" but virgin dont tie you into "contract" is finished 16 months time.

there seems to be glitches on their website...you try login it indicates there is a glitch in their matrix...please try again later.

the coverage is bad in and around durban...i still have numerous complaints from customers about not getting through when they phone me...they just get a buzzing sound...or it goes straight to voice mail.

i would like to warn people about virgin mobile you get what you pay for "CHEAP"

just to add i have a virgin active contract for the past 5 years and there has never been a problem...clearly it is not the the virgin group that is the problem...someone at virgin active needs to show the directors at virgin mobile how to run their company.

as i finish typing this thread it is clear to me that there is only one solution to these issues...go and get a new mtn contract.

Suspended
    Thanks
    something i forgot to mention...i also have a prepaid v0 plan which is a pay as you go but the catch is there is a minimum monthly commitment of R59.67.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My son ported to Virgin Mobile when porting was first introduced. He terminated and set up a new contract with Vodacom within weeks. Disappointing to see Virgin Mobile's service problems continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    i also have a prepaid v0 plan which is a pay as you go but the catch is there is a minimum monthly commitment of R59.67.
    Small potatoes compared to what you might be losing.

Thanks

Virgin Mobile

Maybe things work differently up here in Joey's. I ported from Vodacom a few months ago and I've had no more or less trouble than Vodacom. My account is debited monthly and each month I receive an sms telling me how much they're debiting, plus I receive an email giving me the same information.

anybody got any advise for me as to what to do...the biggest part of the problem is i ported my number from mtn to virgin and mtn will not port it back until the so call "contract" but virgin dont tie you into "contract" is finished 16 months time.
    My only suggestion to the above is to 'pay up' the contract, which is normally the value of the phone. You should then be 'free' of any obligations. This is what I was told when I signed up.
    Vincent Marino
    Maximising the sales value of your business!

Business 24-Seven |MyBlog Twitter |facebook |Phat feesh & chips

Suspended
    Thanks
    i decided to go to virgin mobile gateway to try sort out this problem...waste of time nodody can explain the contents of the 20 page invoice i finally received this morning... they could not give me any answers...they said they would have to contact the accounts department and get them to contact me...what i did find out is that the v199 with a free D900 package i have as per the promotion they had in april last year...you pay R59.67 for the free phone which i understood was included or should i say subsidised by the calls...

how i was informed it works is you get a free D900 with the v199 deal and you get R199.00 worth of free airtime...catch is you get R199.00 free airtime and you pay R56.67 so your bill works out to a min of R255.67 per month...this is not how i understood the deal to work but i dont have the promotion pamphlet any more.

i was also told the airtime rolls over every month if it is not used...when i called 123 help line they say there is no such thing so who do you believe.

i left a message at 10 am this morning for someone in accounts to contact me it is now 8.30 pm still no reply...as for the emails i thought i would get a reply by now but it has been a month now since the last email and still no
    reply.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Maybe things work differently up here in Joey's. I ported from Vodacom a few months ago and I've had no more or less trouble than Vodacom. My account is debited monthly and each month I receive an sms telling me how much they're debiting, plus I receive an email giving me the same information.

you lucky!!!

My only suggestion to the above is to 'pay up' the contract, which is normally the value of the phone. You should then be 'free' of any obligations. This is what I was told when I signed up.
    the phone is still outstanding more than what a new D900i cost to buy on a pay as you go...it will take more than 1 week to port the number back to mtn once the total is settled then i have to get the mtn contract up and running...i cannot afford for my number to be out of order for weeks again...i will need to put some serious thought into how i will resolve this problem...all i know is it was one of the worst decisions i have made since i started my bussiness 16 + years ago...porting my number away from mtn...considering i have been with mtn since 1995 and never had any problems...including working in isolated areas while building pump stations and water treatment works all over the country...i still had no problems with coverage compared to any other people on sites...now i dont even get a signal in my office.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Maybe things work differently up here in Joey's. I ported from Vodacom a few months ago and I've had no more or less trouble than Vodacom.
    My experience is that digital connectivity is very different between "Joey's" and Durbs. It's measurable in internet speeds and I've found the issue applies to both 3g and ADSL. I wouldn't be surprised if cellphone voice connectivity might be affected too.

Oftentimes there's a difference in adminstrative response levels too. But that's another story. We used to call it Natal Fever

In this age of central call centres though, I wouldn't have thought that would be the issue in murdock's case.

Thanks
    i was also told the airtime rolls over every month if it is not used...when i called 123 help line they say there is no such thing so who do you believe.
    Their roll-over time does exist. I just used up R300.00 of mine.

From what I understand Virgin mobile's invoicing works like this:

When you signed up they may have asked when you would like to be invoiced, 1st, 15th or 30th of each month. (It doesn't matter which day you choice) Further they should have asked you what credit limit you what for your phone.

For myself I get a R100.00 free airtime (R100.00 credit limit) and I pay R99.00 per month for the phone and get billed on the 15th of each month. But here's the catch - you airtime only becomes active 15 days after your billing. So if you're billed on the 1st and you start using your phone immediately, you will be billed for the time you use, until your free time is activated, unless you have time rolled-over. The "maximum" I can theoretically pay is R199.00 per month.

I'm not here to endorse Virgin Mobile, but I hope the above explains how they work.
    Vincent Marino

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Does that mean you're paying 15 days in advance of the service, Vincent?

Thanks
    Yes, apparently all of Virgin's 'contracts' work this way. You pay in advance, you then use your credit or you can 'top-up,' and 15 days later your 'free-time' is activated. Your credit and 'free-time' is added together and you're debited for the full amount, which should be rolled over if you have any talk time left.
    Vincent Marino

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast