i would like to find out if there are any other people experiencing problems with virgin mobile...firstly when i first signed up with virgin mobile because they offered a much better deal (after being with mtn since the old brick phone and not had any problems)...the phone worked for a couple of weeks then my problems started...nobody could get hold of me because there was a problem with the link to vodacom who virgin piggy back...for weeks...i contacted wendy knowler who had an article about the issue on her show a couple months ago...i was promised the world...i sent virgin mobile a bill for R6000.00+ for customers which i lost...telephone calls...downtime while sorting out this problem...being a 24 hour businness and the companies i do work for run their machines 24/7...my cellphone is the lifeline of my bussiness...they have never even responded to the invoice.

i have not received an invoice from them since june 2007 nor have they debited my account...until today suddenly i had over R2000.00 debited from my account without an invoice explanation or anything just bang money gone...i have been trying to get an answer from them since august last year...but nobody at virgin mobile can tell me what is going on...you call their 123 helpline wait for as long as 30 min for them to answer then nobody can tell me what is going on they transfer you but get told their accounts deptment are not taking the call and they will get back to you well...i sit and wait patiently for 6 months now...since dealing with virgin mobile they are the number 1 worst company i have had to deal with in the 16 years i have had my company with durban electricity a close 2nd.

anybody got any advise for me as to what to do...the biggest part of the problem is i ported my number from mtn to virgin and mtn will not port it back until the so call "contract" but virgin dont tie you into "contract" is finished 16 months time.

there seems to be glitches on their website...you try login it indicates there is a glitch in their matrix...please try again later.

the coverage is bad in and around durban...i still have numerous complaints from customers about not getting through when they phone me...they just get a buzzing sound...or it goes straight to voice mail.

i would like to warn people about virgin mobile you get what you pay for "CHEAP"

just to add i have a virgin active contract for the past 5 years and there has never been a problem...clearly it is not the the virgin group that is the problem...someone at virgin active needs to show the directors at virgin mobile how to run their company.

as i finish typing this thread it is clear to me that there is only one solution to these issues...go and get a new mtn contract.