Thread: PASTEL V8 PSQL 8.1.2

Thanks

PASTEL V8 PSQL 8.1.2

Good day
    I have a friend with a very old version of Pastel (v2005), she had it installed on a windows 7 computer which crashed and has therefore, forced her to use another machine. She has re-installed it no problems with the registration or anything, but when she tries to open any of the companies which she retrieved from the hard drive backup, she gets the error "The current version of Pastel Partner 2005 does not correspond to the database version". When I try to look at the backed up info from the old hard drive it looks like she may have been running Pervasive 8.1.2 and the version installed from her CD is 8.6.
    I am not very familiar with the older versions of Pastel so am not sure how to try and help her.
    She only uses it to do one or two invoices a week and cannot really afford to upgrade right now.

Thank you in advance.
    Li

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hi Li

The PVSW isn't the issue. It is the version of Pastel. It was probably updated to a later version at some point in the past on the old pc, and the files have been converted. You will need to get her onto the same version, or a later version / build of Pastel 2005. If you have a backup of the old drive, check her downloads or the pastel folder for the patch files. It will look something like "Pastel Partner 2005 Build 8.1.2 to Build 8.1.5.exe". Try copying that over and installing and see if it get you on to the correct version. If you have access to the old drive backup - right click the Partner2005.exe, select properties - on the details tab there is a product version, which will tell you what build it was on the old system. Check what is on the new system and let us know. I have most of the patches still, and should be able to send it to you. The other option would be to download the last release of 2005, which was 8.1.8 and install that.

PM me if you are stuck and I will arrange access to the files for you.

Thanks
    Thank you so much Kevin for your reply. I managed to sort it out that same day by doing exactly what you have said. I managed to download the build updates and I have now made a backup of them and all is good.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to me.