Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twin+E exposed to the sun

Thanks
    I have seen imported twin and earth at one of my favorite chinese shops and lots of people are buying this cable, maybe it is even better than our local manufactured cable, I don’t know and have not tried it yet, but these guys sell cable even on Sundays and that is where the problem comes in because lots of people do installation work on Sundays and buy whatever they can get whitout realizing these cables might not be safe. Now for us electricians when you do a COC it is not easy to see what brand of cable has been used.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifrug View Post
    I have seen imported twin and earth at one of my favorite chinese shops and lots of people are buying this cable, maybe it is even better than our local manufactured cable, I don’t know and have not tried it yet, but these guys sell cable even on Sundays and that is where the problem comes in because lots of people do installation work on Sundays and buy whatever they can get whitout realizing these cables might not be safe. Now for us electricians when you do a COC it is not easy to see what brand of cable has been used.
    Yet we as inspectors are quite happy to sign over a COC for an existing installation... this could also be why there is no control over the electrical industry.

It is a huge money making racket creating work and employment for many companies ...a few million people get ripped off ...whats the big deal... its a numbers game... that is all that counts in this world ...the bottom line.

I suppose (as i have said on numerous occasions) if you are stupid enough to buy a house with a COC issued by the seller... well it your own stupidity.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12