Thread: Multiple motion sensors

Thanks

Multiple motion sensors

Hello guys would someone kindly assist where possible. So I have this project where I need to install perimeter lights with a motion sensor for each. In addition to this a 240v siren is required. My question is how can I achieve triggering the siren regardless of which direction the motion is detected on these perimeter lights?

3poles each having led light and a motion sensor. Siren is on 1 pole but must be activated by any of the 3 sensors on the 3 poles. Please help and thank you in advance.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Hi

I would put a relay on the load side of each motion sensor - From the relay i would connect to the siren - That way you would not switch on the other lights .

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mig View Post
    Hello guys would someone kindly assist where possible. So I have this project where I need to install perimeter lights with a motion sensor for each. In addition to this a 240v siren is required. My question is how can I achieve triggering the siren regardless of which direction the motion is detected on these perimeter lights?

3poles each having led light and a motion sensor. Siren is on 1 pole but must be activated by any of the 3 sensors on the 3 poles. Please help and thank you in advance.

I am using my alarm system...with the option to trigger a buzzer (while at home) or the alarm if activated... after dark the lights allocated to a specific PIR's will switch on... everything is 12VDC except the lights which work via a relay 230 VAC

The light can be switched on via my alarm app... they can be switch on via a wall switch ... activated if the sensor is triggered... and via 4 button remote which by pressing a combination of buttons of the remote are capably of 16 triggers... the red button over rides everything and switch all the exterior security lights on.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Thanks profusely guys. Is there no other way of doing it without the use/installation of a relay?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mig View Post
    Thanks profusely guys. Is there no other way of doing it without the use/installation of a relay?
    How are you going to reset the siren once it is triggered?

You could trigger the siren directly from the light ...as the light fitting is switched on ...the siren sounds at the same time. ..but it will stay on until the light switches off.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    How are you going to reset the siren once it is triggered?

You could trigger the siren directly from the light ...as the light fitting is switched on ...the siren sounds at the same time. ..but it will stay on until the light switches off.
    What about if an animal triggers the light & Siren? you also get a skrik.

One way but now starts getting a bit complex, is to have a "On Delay" timer on the light, in which the timer can be set to a few seconds.
    The contacts of the timer could be connected to a wireless code hopping remote. The reason for a code hopping remote is that the normal switch settable code may interfere or be interfered by a neighbors one.
    The receiver then could have your siren on it, and a timer to drive the siren for a while before switching off.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Silver Member PlatinumWealth.co.za's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's either a relay or you can get smart sensors (but you'll need connectivity which is probably out of the question.)

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    The JSE Investment and Finance Forum - PlatinumWealth.co.za
    JSE Investing Chat Group
    Unlock US Netflix