everyday i read of some new regulation which has just been released...improved electrical standards...how difficult it is to become a certified electrician...installation tester...master electrican...etc...told how i am responsible for every site i walk onto because i am a master electrician i should know better...if i install a new plug point i now become responsible for the entire circuit blah blah blah...i have never to date ever heard of a procecution...go figue.

everyday i hear customers complaining about the shocking workmanship out there... yet they accept the chepast quote or they use the builders electrician who disappears with the builder near the end of the project...sometimes even as soon as the first draw.

i dont see anyone putting their foot down and saying enough is enough...that is why these contractors are getting away with it and will keep getting away with it until people start putting their foot down and saying enough.

a few things to remember when you need to contacts someone to complain :
1 the ECB is the electrical contracting "board" litterally.. it is a merely a piece of paper with a number of names on it you cannot complain or report anyone to the board.
2 the ECA the electrical contractors association is merly an association to protect the "electrical contractor" not the customer...if you contact them they will tell you to ask the contractor nicely to fix his problem...if he doesnt they will ask him nicely...and if he still doesnt them you are pretty much up a creak without a paddle because then you need get the people who are responsible for policing the contractors.

the department of labour...well the only part they are missing is the labour part...they will tell you they dont have the manpower to assist you with your problem unless of course someone died then best every one beware they might scrape up some staff bless you with their presence and do an investigation.

well at least the insurance companies havent caught on to what is happening with the COC and unskilled proffessionals yet... so if your house/factory/building burns down they will pay out for a new one...till they get wise like with your motor vehicle... if your tyres are smooth and you have an accident they dont pay out for the claim.