Thread: Invoices not opening when selecting them in Customer & Supplier Detailed Ledgers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Invoices not opening when selecting them in Customer & Supplier Detailed Ledgers

First time I've encountered this issue...

We use Pastel Xpress V17. Suddenly this morning when I view a customer of supplier detailed ledger, I am unable to view the invoices that appear on the detailed ledger. I used to be able to click on the invoices listed, and it would open it. I haven't made any changes to settings that I am aware of... anyone had this issue before, and perhaps know how to "fix" it?

Thanks in advance

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Are the invoices still shown in blue? If they are but clicking on them doesn't drill down, confirm for me that you aren't using 2 screens. Sometimes when you use Pastel on a pc with 2 screens, and you run reports of the second screen, you can't drill down. (different screen resolutions can cause this to happen)

If you have dropped the records in your HistoryHeader file, you will not be able to drill down on invoices. Best option if that is the case - restore from backup. Try reprinting the same documents from the view customers print document tax invoice menu. When the menu selection is up - click in the document start block and use the lookup magnifying glass. Confirm that you have your first invoice number at the top, and as you scroll down, you can see the last invoice you posted. See if they print from there - then you aren't looking at a data corruption issue. Running a data integrity check wont help - it doesn't validate the HH files, but run one anyway and see if there is another issue that might be causing that to happen.

Thanks
    Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your advice. The invoices are still shown in blue yes. I'm not using 2 screens (on the server), however another workstation with Pastel uses 2 screens. I will unplug the 2nd screen and see if there is any difference?

The data integrity check found no issues... When trying to reprint documents from the view customers>print document>tax invoice menu, I do notice that the first invoice number is not the very first invoice since the start of this financial year. It starts around the 12th of June, and goes right down to the last invoice I've posted.

Thanks
    Oh, and restoring a backup is going to be tough... I've been so busy the past 2 days that I've just been dealing with it and working around it. So I've already created so many invoices and updated cash books etc... I'm afraid of missing something if I do a backup, as I'm not sure which day's backup I will use... and how many things I've amended and created on the system..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ola View Post
    Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your advice. The invoices are still shown in blue yes. I'm not using 2 screens (on the server), however another workstation with Pastel uses 2 screens. I will unplug the 2nd screen and see if there is any difference?

The data integrity check found no issues... When trying to reprint documents from the view customers>print document>tax invoice menu, I do notice that the first invoice number is not the very first invoice since the start of this financial year. It starts around the 12th of June, and goes right down to the last invoice I've posted.
    Oh crap wait... it does show all the invoices, from the very 1st to the very last I remember posting. Ugh.. It's so annoying to have to look at the ledger first, then go look for the individual invoice... forget the invoice number... go back to the ledger... go look for it again and open it...

Thanks