I'm sitting here today (midday on Sunday) getting ready to start working. I am sure that my daughters will make something to eat when they get back from their outing.

Anyway, I love what I do. I look forward to doing it, to solving problems, to the creative side, the technical side and of course making money. My work revolves around designing and manufacturing food safe silicone molds and also manufacturing food safe parts for the food manufacturing industry. The parts are mostly cnc machined in Acetal. My days are spent in 2D & 3D CAD using products like Rhinocad for engineering drawing and ZBrush for organic CAD. Then it is 3D printing, cnc machining, laser cutting, mold making and producing silicone molds. I work very closely with the customer because the work starts off with prototypes which are refined though various stages until large production molds are produced.

There is nothing better than taking a customer's rough idea and taking right through the process with them until I get to see the packets on the shelves of very large national and international chain stores.

Never in a million years would I have thought that I would find myself having to design 9 variations of a sweet (on a Sunday afternoon) to prototype changes to the mold so as to compensate for aberrations in shape due to 10%-50% shrinkage across the shape. I get to spend the afternoon messing with ZBrush and then I will CNC the shapes this evening to pour the silicone molds tomorrow.

I Truly love what I do....

I've also hit upon an idea for a product that would sell world wide to each and every person that is into baking biscuits. It's one of those things that will make an absolute fortune if it is in the right hands (which isn't me. I want to see how one would go about protecting and licencing the product)

So....if you love what YOU do tell us about it....