Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I love my "Job" - what about you?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    If you do not like your job then why are you working here? I never realized that people work at work that they don’t like for more than 2 months.

You need to find a job that you like and invest 100%, the only way I think you can achieve success and this applies to any job
    We often have to do things in life that we don't like - It's just part of life.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    This has happened to me in the past. The way I get around it, is that I mentally tell myself "This is short term, and a stepping stone on the road to my next point of my future success".
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    There is a difference between performing an unpleasant task and choosing an unwanted job.
    A recent survey showed that more than 60% of our nurses and teachers have no interest in the profession. They just wanted the pay. That is why no effort is put into teaching or nursing. Our grade 4 children came last out of 50 countries in a recent international test. It does not end there as witnessed by our woeful public service.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    There is a difference between performing an unpleasant task and choosing an unwanted job.
    A recent survey showed that more than 60% of our nurses and teachers have no interest in the profession. They just wanted the pay. That is why no effort is put into teaching or nursing. Our grade 4 children came last out of 50 countries in a recent international test. It does not end there as witnessed by our woeful public service.
    This debate is a ridiculous waste of time - I'm out!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    This has happened to me in the past. The way I get around it, is that I mentally tell myself "This is short term, and a stepping stone on the road to my next point of my future success".
    Of course - we all have to work to pay our way and when push comes to shove most of us do whatever it takes whether we like it or not. I know an airline pilot who worked as a irrigation installer to get by because the airline folded a couple of years back.

I get angry because people do not always get to choose to do the things they love to do - People often have to do crap work to get by - The BCOMM graduate doesn't flip burgers because she loves MacDonald - she does it to get by.

Arrogance and sheer stupidity makes me really really angry...thankfully these days I choose to disengage rather than fight.

Thanks
    I sent you a private message and I am expecting to hear from you.

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123