Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Pastel cannot print to PDF when using remote desktop

  1. #1
    Platinum Member SilverNodashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    1,197
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 188 Times in 136 Posts

    Pastel cannot print to PDF when using remote desktop

    Hi,

    I just installed a Windows 2019 Server with Pastel 50c on a client's Server. The first person can print to PDF without an issue, but the 2nd user can't. They're both setup as Administrators in Windows.

    Has anyone run into this issue before?
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

  2. #2
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 33 Times in 29 Posts
    Do you get an error message when trying to print? Are you printing from Pastel directly to pdf, or are you using a third party pdf printer? Have you got Acrobat reader installed, or are you using default pdf viewer in windows? Have you set the default pdf programs in the control panel?
    Try installing cute pdf for the users. You may have to edit the GPO in the OU relating to the RDSH Server printer re-direction. I think by default server2019 is set to redirect only the default client printer, but once changed, they should be able to print back to CutePDF on their local machines.

  3. #3
    Platinum Member SilverNodashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    1,197
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 188 Times in 136 Posts
    Wow. A lot of questions in one question.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
    Do you get an error message when trying to print?
    No, no error.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
    Are you printing from Pastel directly to pdf, or are you using a third party pdf printer?
    Yes, printing directly to Microsoft PDF printer from Pastel 50c

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post

    Have you got Acrobat reader installed, or are you using default pdf viewer in windows?
    Adobe Reader is installed

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post

    Have you set the default pdf programs in the control panel?
    I am not sure how this helps? It's printing to PDF that's a problem. The user can open PDF in Adobe reader fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post


    Try installing cute pdf for the users. You may have to edit the GPO in the OU relating to the RDSH Server printer re-direction.
    Please explain the acronyms you used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post

    I think by default server2019 is set to redirect only the default client printer, but once changed, they should be able to print back to CutePDF on their local machines.
    The first user that logs on can print to PDF.
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Transfering Pastel from Desktop to laptop
    By DenP in forum Accounting Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-Apr-19, 12:03 PM
  2. Pastel statement print error
    By gmawoyo in forum Accounting Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16-Nov-17, 08:38 AM
  3. [Question] Pastel Xpress 17 - Print to PDF
    By HM0511 in forum Accounting Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-Feb-17, 03:39 PM
  4. [Question] How to set up Pastel to print to kitchen printer?
    By ArthurDurand in forum Accounting Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-Jul-14, 03:35 AM
  5. Pastel Print Error
    By Orsome1 in forum Accounting Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-May-14, 12:40 PM

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •