Thread: General Ledger Manager (addon module)

Thanks

Question General Ledger Manager (addon module)

Hi there,

Our general ledger accounts are in a mess. Sometime ago I think it was Neville who sugested I look at getting this module. Below is the only description I can find about what the GL Ledger Manager module can do. I have two questions:

Question 1:
    If I have an account with 100 transactions and 30 of the transactions belong in some other account. Will the General Ledger Manager help me easily transfer these 30 transactions to their correct GL account?

Question 2:
    Can anyone vouch for this module? Is it realtively bug free and easy to figure out how to use? Is there sufficient documentation in the pastel help file to get me by?

Thanks very much as always,
    Michelle

The General Ledger Manager module allows you to make changes to your General Ledger that is not possible to do by editing accounts. You would use the General Ledger Manager to restructure your General Ledger to reflect changes in your business or to correct errors that have been made when creating accounts. For example if you selected the incorrect chart of accounts when creating your company and have then worked in the company, you can adjust the General Ledger using this module.

• Renumber General Ledger Accounts.
    • Delete General Ledger Accounts.
    • Consolidate General Ledger Accounts.
    • Change Financial Categories.
    • Change GAAP Categories.
    • Print the Audit Trail.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by michellepace View Post
    Sometime ago I think it was Neville who sugested I look at getting this module.
    Yes, it was me, although I wouldn't normally recommend purchasing the module as it's quite pricey (currently R7,900), for something that you will probably only use once. I normally offer to fix my clients' Charts of Account on my system, using my copy of the module, and then charge them for my time, which is generally a lot cheaper than the cost of the module itself. I understand, though, that you are hesitant in giving anyone a copy of your financial database for confidential reasons, even if a Non Disclosure Agreement is in place. Let me know if you want to purchase the module, and I can send you a formal quotation. Bear in mind, though, that Sage Pastel will be introducing their annual price increase on 1 October, which is expected to be 7%.

If I have an account with 100 transactions and 30 of the transactions belong in some other account. Will the General Ledger Manager help me easily transfer these 30 transactions to their correct GL account?
    Unfortunately this is one function that the module cannot do, i.e. splitting a single GL account. However, there are other ways of doing this, by editing the relevant transactions in the LedgerTransactions data table, and the balances in the affected accounts in the LedgerMaster data table.

Can anyone vouch for this module? Is it realtively bug free and easy to figure out how to use? Is there sufficient documentation in the pastel help file to get me by?
    I have used the module extensively and it is quite intuitive and easy to use.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Hi Michelle

The GL manager is user to merge sub accounts back into main accounts, consolidate multiple accounts in one accounts, renumber GL accounts (both main and sub accounts) and change financial categories (IS to BS),(as per your extract above). It won't assist in moving or splitting transactions as per question 1. The module is easy to use, as per Neville's reply. It is easier to move the transactions PVSW and rebuild the GL masterfile balances afterwards. I can also assist if required.