Its astonishing how time flies. i haven't been on this forum for a very very long time. I got a snotty remark in a private message from somebody today out of the blue just now. The remark is not important - what is important is that it brought me back here. I haven't read many posts yet but I will do so in the future. (I got terribly side tracked with life....)

Anyhow, I really think that Dave should create a forum related to people leaving the country and the issues associated with doing so.

The reason I say this is because practically everybody that I know have left. My wife has been working in the UK for about a year now. She takes care of the elderly over there for 3 months and then she returns for 1 month. She has an Ancestral Visa and she is working towards citizenship. Both my daughters are at varsity and once they are sorted the 3 of us are leaving as well. My eldest daughter will most likely transfer to a UK university next year and complete her studies there. I will stay with my youngest till she is done. The girls have a better future abroad and I have my own business that isn't limited to this country. I have friends in the UK and I am quite sure that I will find work there if I absolutely have to. My skills allow me to do many many jobs and I must say that I am not picky, I am happy to do whatever mundane task needs to be done during the day to get citizenship because I will continue to run my business in the evenings.

My wife belongs to a Facebook group that supports people who are leaving the county. It is absolutely staggering how many people are leaving. There are between 5 and 10 families a week leaving (mostly to go to the UK) The surprising thing is the number of non-whites that are leaving as well - People are led to believe that it is only whites that are leaving but this is not so. People of all races leave because of the multitude of issues in this country.

I don't want to get into politics or moral mud slinging regarding staying or leaving, it is just that there are many people that have many questions and answers and I think that it might be a worthy topic to talk about.