Thread: Duplicate Invoice fully matched with payment can it be reversed?

Thanks

Duplicate Invoice fully matched with payment can it be reversed?

I am a new user to the pastel accounting software so right now by trail and error find my way. I have one problem right now that I would like some guidance with how to best practice fix this capture problem.
    I have Express11 package.
    I by oversight captured one invoice twice unfortunately the invoice has been fully matched and now I can't seem to reverse the payment batch nor release the invoice.
    Looking forward to your advice...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Atousafb View Post
    I am a new user to the pastel accounting software so right now by trail and error find my way. I have one problem right now that I would like some guidance with how to best practice fix this capture problem.
    I have Express11 package.
    I by oversight captured one invoice twice unfortunately the invoice has been fully matched and now I can't seem to reverse the payment batch nor release the invoice.
    Looking forward to your advice...
    I've never worked on Pastel express myself. I have on Pastel Partner and Evolution though. Both of these have an option to change the matching of payments and credit notes to invoices etc. I would presume that express would make provision for the same requirement. Check among your drop down menus for "Match Open Item" (Possibly under processing tab) If the option is there you should be able to "Unmatch" a credit and leave it unmatched or rematch it to a different document.

Thanks
    Hello Atousfb.

To my best knowledge and experience you will not be able to un-match the duplicate invoice. But it will come back into the Match Open Item window if you issue a credit note against the incorrect invoice. Just make sure you type the invoice number that the credit note is linked to accurately in the "Original Invoice" field in the header of the credit note.

Once you have done a Batch update you can open the Match Open Item in the Process tab. You will then see that the invoice will now show a credit (minus) amount due as it has a payment and credit note linked to it.

Let me know if this works for you.

All the best.
    Alec
    Alec Candiotes (CA) SA
    Business Intelligence and Report Automation developer

www.mybi.co.zaalec@mybi.co.za • 072 997 9553