Thread: Tracking of post from USA to South Africa

Bronze Member
    Thanks

Tracking of post from USA to South Africa

HI all

A friend posted a small package to me from the USA using US postal service. It was A5 size padded envelope.

I was able to track the package within the USA and once it reached the international airport in Miami, the tracking stopped.

I have tried to find the parcel through our local post office and the feedback I am getting is if the parcel was not registered it cannot trace it within SA as no tracking number would be assigned.

I was told by the Durban mail hub that there is so much mail coming in that there is always a delay.

I went to my local post office in PMB and the guy said that without a tracking number its almost impossible to find it.

I sent a mail to customer service at the SAPO and received a reply saying that it was classified as non priority and would be processed by my local post office.

Has anyone any experience with post coming in from overseas. I would really like some advice please on how to locate my parcel.

All advice appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kavesh

Thanks
    did you arranged insurance for package?

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Upsurecoza View Post
    did you arranged insurance for package?
    No insurance, goods only worth $10.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahu View Post
    Nice update
    ????????????????????????

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Just to close off this old thread, I never received any notification from the Post Office that my parcel had arrived. I did try on many occasions to find out if my parcel was at the post office.
    Anyways this week I received a message from the sender advising that the parcel was returned to him as it was unclaimed by myself. This was an extremely frustrating process as you can gather. The sender was quite amused as it probably cost a lot more to return the item to the USA.
    I would have to say that I have no confidence in the post office now as they probably had my parcel and was too lazy to look for it when i queried.
    Lesson learnt next time I will pay the extra cost and have the item couriered rather than use the post office.