Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Efiling and UIF payments

Bronze Member
    Thanks

Efiling and UIF payments

Hi guys

I need some advice please.

Last year when I registered employees for UIF I made the payments via the UIF website when I submitted the declarations.

This year I decided to make the UIF payments via efiling when submitting my PAYE returns and payments.

When I am checking to see whether all my UIF payments are recorded on UIF site, it does not reflect.

It seems that I have missed something to ensure that the payments can be matched to the declarations submitted. Is there some other form that needs to be completed?

Would appreciate any help to resolve this issue that I have.

Thanking you in advance.
    Kavesh

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kavesh View Post
    Hi guys

I need some advice please.

Last year when I registered employees for UIF I made the payments via the UIF website when I submitted the declarations.

This year I decided to make the UIF payments via efiling when submitting my PAYE returns and payments.

When I am checking to see whether all my UIF payments are recorded on UIF site, it does not reflect.

It seems that I have missed something to ensure that the payments can be matched to the declarations submitted. Is there some other form that needs to be completed?

Would appreciate any help to resolve this issue that I have.

Thanking you in advance.
    Kavesh
    Bump, please

Thanks
    Hi Kavesh. I pay UIF via eFiling and then create an electronic submission via my payroll and email it to declarations@uif.gov.za. A day or so later get an computer generated response from the UIF saying that they have received it ... the number of employers records it contained ... and that it was processed for employer no xxxxxxxxx

Whether it links to uFiling at all is questionable considering the mess that uFiling appears to in at the moment.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Hi Kavesh. I pay UIF via eFiling and then create an electronic submission via my payroll and email it to declarations@uif.gov.za. A day or so later get an computer generated response from the UIF saying that they have received it ... the number of employers records it contained ... and that it was processed for employer no xxxxxxxxx

Whether it links to uFiling at all is questionable considering the mess that uFiling appears to in at the moment.
    Thanks Mike.

I agree UIF is really in a mess. When they were busy sorting out their website, I was not even able to access the site till recently.

We are a small entity so payroll is done on a spreadsheet, however, the submissions are now up to date once I was able to access their new website. However, the payments are another story.
    I have emailed support at UIF. Lets see if they even respond with any useful information.
    I will update this thread once I have figured out how the payments on efiling are matched to UIF.

Thanks
    Hi Kavesh - you could try and mark your payments as paid under "Capture payment details" when you click on the "Pay" Button.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

6. Thanks given for this post:

kavesh (06-Aug-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kavesh View Post

It seems that I have missed something to ensure that the payments can be matched to the declarations submitted.
    For as long as I have been submitting UIF returns (via uFiling or before that by faxing a completed UI17 return), I have been paying the UIF liability via SARS' eFiling EMP201 return - and there's never been any evidence from UIF that the payment has been received... other than that no-one has come knocking on the door demanding payment and all associated unemployment claims have been honoured.

As long as the payments made via the EMP201 return match the the amount due via the uFiling return, I wouldn't lose any sleep over trying to get any form of affirmation via uFiling that the payment has actually been received. If anyone ever knocks on your door, you can easily prove you submitted both returns, and that the liability was paid via SARS eFiling.

8. Thank given for this post:

Francois_za (15-Jan-20), kavesh (06-Aug-19)

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    For as long as I have been submitting UIF returns (via uFiling or before that by faxing a completed UI17 return), I have been paying the UIF liability via SARS' eFiling EMP201 return - and there's never been any evidence from UIF that the payment has been received... other than that no-one has come knocking on the door demanding payment and all associated unemployment claims have been honoured.

As long as the payments made via the EMP201 return match the the amount due via the uFiling return, I wouldn't lose any sleep over trying to get any form of affirmation via uFiling that the payment has actually been received. If anyone ever knocks on your door, you can easily prove you submitted both returns, and that the liability was paid via SARS eFiling.
    Thanks for the feedback Dave. That is just so strange though. But I suppose like most government departments, this is how things are!

@Mike, I will have a bash at the "pay" option you refer to, will need to retrieve my payment references from efiling to see if it actually can be matched.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I have updated details on the pay screen and although it shows there, I am not sure if there is any real matching process.

When I ran a payment history, the payments from efiling was not reflecting.

I think I will just assume all is good as Dave mentioned he has not had any issues with paying with efiling.

Thanks
    Hi Kavesh,

At the bottom left of the payment history you have an option to click on "View Manual Payment". Your entries should appear there.

I agree with you, however, that there does not seem to be a real matching process. At least if you have a "Manual Payment" entry you have some kind of record on the site that it has been paid.

Thanks
    I have one domestic employee and have paid since 2011. When efiling started, I paid every month by EFT and all worked fine. Then came the new website and eventually I had a new password and then entered all the payment from Feb 19 to September 19. Came October I could no longer access it to make payment and now it show for years as unpaid. After somebody finally answered a phone, I was told my email address had to be updated. I then sent a request for this to be done. I keep on paying, anyone any idea what I could do? I am new on this website and hope this is how to do it. At my very senior age all this is not so easy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast