Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Efiling and UIF payments

Thanks
    Hi Leny,
    This new uFiling website has proven to be a challenge for many. Part of the strategy of the website seems to be that if there are any previous uif submissions not made or money outstanding it blocks you from doing anything further. Don't know what inspired such thinking because that effectively stops money from coming in ... but maybe I don't fully understand the rationale behind it.

One of the options open to you is to go back all those years and enter them from scratch. This is a major mission. It should have been brought forward automatically from the old website ... but it wasn't! If you do manage to spend your time doing that, then the challenge is to try an match up payments to all those past years!

It seems to me that the easiest thing for you to do is to go back to the "old fashioned" way of doing things - namely by filling out the UIF form every month and ... (wait for it) ...fax it through. Then go "modern" and pay by eft. That way you can keep all your submissions and payments as proof should they ever be needed.

I tried, on two occasions, to send them emails. They took about 6 months to reply to each and then did not bother to either read the question or try to answer the question posed to them. They just gave a standard reply which had NOTHING to do with the issue in the email. To their credit ... they actually did reply ... even though belatedly. Good luck.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Hi Mike,
    Thanks for your reply. I am not sure if I can face it, going back all those years. I definitely paid every year.

Thanks
    Important note here is that UIF has to be declared to the department of labour and not just E-filing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12