Thread: Easyfile Help Please

Thanks

Easyfile Help Please

Good Day Everyone
    Hope your year is excellent so far?

Can someone assist me with EASYFILE.

Four of my companies get the error 3138. I think that I have tried everything possible, but still no access to actually compile the IRP 5s / IT3a for the 201902 year.

What do I need to do? Did someone maybe had a similar problem

Hope to hear from you soon

Friendly greetings

Dwain

Thanks
    Hi Dwain - the link below gives a reference to easyfile error codes which you may find helpful:

https://www.handshake.co.za/2019/sar...e-error-codes/

Have you checked that you have the correct Java version installed (it's an old one - Version7 version 80) as that seems to be the cause of most easyfile frustrations.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    HI Mike

Thank you so much for your feedback and help. I have uninstalled Java Version 7 update 80. There error still persists and have also viewed your link. It is still not working after I have followed the prompts.

Thanks
    Hi Dwain. Another option is to uninstall Easyfile (please keep data of your bckups) and download it again from the SARS Website. That sometimes sorts out the issues.

Perhaps first try this link which seems to be very informative.

https://www.handshake.co.za/2019/sar...roubleshooting
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Hi Dwain. Another option is to uninstall Easyfile (please keep data of your bckups) and download it again from the SARS Website. That sometimes sorts out the issues.

Perhaps first try this link which seems to be very informative.

https://www.handshake.co.za/2019/sar...roubleshooting
    HI Mike

I had time to proceed with your suggestions tonight and still the Error 3138 is coming up upon certain businesses. Maybe I must just create them again on easyfile and take it from there?

Thanks
    Hi Dwain - I gather from your comment
    is coming up upon certain businesses
    that some are working and some not. If that is the case then I suspect that there may well be some corruption in the data somewhere and your suggestion of creating them again would be the way to go.

Just as an afterthought ... make sure that you don't have any symbols in the names of your employees. I once had an employee with the middle name M'fantholakele which the payroll had no problem with but which easyifle would not accept. Took me ages to identify the problem. Once I removed the apostrophe from his middle name the error disappeared.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Hi Dwain - I gather from your comment that some are working and some not. If that is the case then I suspect that there may well be some corruption in the data somewhere and your suggestion of creating them again would be the way to go.

Just as an afterthought ... make sure that you don't have any symbols in the names of your employees. I once had an employee with the middle name M'fantholakele which the payroll had no problem with but which easyifle would not accept. Took me ages to identify the problem. Once I removed the apostrophe from his middle name the error disappeared.
    Hi Mike

You are just a big help. I have tried your suggestion regarding the symbols and it seems to me at least on one of the companies that it was the problem. I could submit their EMP 501 for the 2019 year. The other companies I will create the database for them again.
    I appreciate your help a lot

Thanks
    The EMP501 August Reconciliation season has opened once again with updates to e@syfile to be done first.

Mine normally suggests an automatic update which "usually" works. This time I got as far as getting the figures from SARS and I was told that the e@syfile viewer was not installed.

So off to a full download and install. All seemed to go well and the viewer was installed.

Back to getting the figures from SARS and the viewer just hangs. Three little dots displayed on the screen suggesting that it is working but nothing happens. I tried uninstalling JAVA (as the new e@syfile uses the 32-bit Java version that installs with version 7.1.6 which is Zulu JRE 8.46.0.19 (8u252) or 1.8.0.252

Tried reinstalling - tried uninstalling and reinstalling - tried loading backup and re-loading the payroll ... nothing.

Tried looking at February's reconciliation and the viewer works! So something seems to be wrong somewhere.

Anyone else have this problem?