Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Many Masks of Social Media. Whatsapp goes down.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by New Perspective studio View Post
    Whatsapp will be even greater, I will get Flak for this, il also say I told you so in few years but.... it's online communism.
    Wha ha ha hahahahaha - This made my day coming from a Tech Website / Design company THAT HAS A CHAT WITH US VIA WHATSAPP ON THEIR SITE!!!!!!!!

I think I cracked a rib laughing at this lot!

Thanks man... I really had a good laugh.

On a serious note:

Communism definition

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism

LoL - So what is Facebook, Instagram, Google and all the other big player scumbags?

This is what they are:

How Amazon, Facebook, Google and Microsoft wage a domestic War on Terror, and make billions

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/534939-big-tech-911-profit/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Blurock you are old fashion ... most of my communication 80% with supplier and customers is via whattsapp ... in fact I am considering moving to a new supplier because my current supplier will not allow counter sales to receive my whattsapp orders ... I have request that they allow someone in the company to receive my order ... otherwise I will be moving on.

I dont have time for crap like emails while on site ... in fact one of my biggest wasted time issues is the dealing with wholesalers ... to a point that I am considering starting a 60 minute site deliver ... like checkers.
    I agree I may be behind the times, but I just hate all the apps and doing business on my phone. Can you imagine the frustration of communicating via WhatsApp if you do not even know who you are talking to? Unknown number not in your address book asking for stuff that he doesn't even have the faintest idea of? When a complete stranger without a name sends a WhatsApp request he gets moved to the back of the queue as mostly it is a guy just "fishing" and not interested in real business. I killed the alert as it is distracting and an intrusion in my work day.

At least if a guy has a decent business he will have a signature at the bottom of his email with his business name and tel number so that I can see who I am dealing with. It is so easy to plan for tomorrow or the week ahead so that you can get your supplies in time. Last minute "emergency" orders always create problems as stock may not be available or some unforeseen obstacle may pop up. As all orders are fed into a computer, capturing is so much easier if sent by email.

The worst is voicemail. Impersonal and most of the times inaudible. I try to build personal relationships with my clients and customers as my business rely on their support. Therefore I like to talk to them to get feedback as well.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Download whattsapp app to your computer ... go to settings ... link device scan the code and you bingo ... you can communicate using the computer.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Another free tip ... go to waste centre and buy a roll of 50 mmm velcro ... R20 per meter.

Cut piece 50 mm long ... stick the soft side to the back of the phone or whatever ... and the hook side to the anywhere you want to store your phone or what ever ... in a cupboard when you charging ... on the wall in your office ... I put it under the light switch in my workshop ... otherwise my phone disappears into the piles of crap on the work benches ... even on the dash of your car ( I would be careful that the heat doesnt make the glue soft and come off ... put somewhere it can drop into a cubby or something.

The 50 mm velcro sticks like shyte ... I am yet to have something fall of the the wall because of bad adhesive ... it pulls the paint off the wall if you try remove it.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I do the same with remotes

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Whatsapp is no different to having 2 way radios at hand - One has to manage the process. The biggest drawback for me with Whatsapp is that people message whatever crap comes to mind immediately and thus don't think their ideas through. My daughter and her company are back n forth via Whatsapp all the time day and night. I told her many many times that they should have scheduled meetings (even on Whatapp) so that people can prepare and then focus for the meeting time.

Whatsapp is a focus killer - I had to get rid of an employee that would work with the phone in his hand having conversations all the time.

The problem is not Whatsapp per se - it is the inability of modern day people to focus on one thing at a time - Imagine if the brain surgeon had a phone in his hand all day faffing with 50 parallel conversations whilst operating on a patient.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    I agree I may be behind the times, but I just hate all the apps and doing business on my phone. Can you imagine the frustration of communicating via WhatsApp if you do not even know who you are talking to? Unknown number not in your address book asking for stuff that he doesn't even have the faintest idea of? When a complete stranger without a name sends a WhatsApp request he gets moved to the back of the queue as mostly it is a guy just "fishing" and not interested in real business. I killed the alert as it is distracting and an intrusion in my work day.

At least if a guy has a decent business he will have a signature at the bottom of his email with his business name and tel number so that I can see who I am dealing with. It is so easy to plan for tomorrow or the week ahead so that you can get your supplies in time. Last minute "emergency" orders always create problems as stock may not be available or some unforeseen obstacle may pop up. As all orders are fed into a computer, capturing is so much easier if sent by email.

The worst is voicemail. Impersonal and most of the times inaudible. I try to build personal relationships with my clients and customers as my business rely on their support. Therefore I like to talk to them to get feedback as well.
    Put TrueCaller on your phone. It recognizes 99% of numbers and displays the name of the person or company when the phone rings (It also recognizes Whatsapp names and numbers so you know exactly who you are dealing with)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I got crapped on by a customer for not answering my phone ... apparently he tried to call me 6 times ... I was working on his site.

When he returned to site he had a go at me ... and I informed him that I dont carry a phone on me while working on a site ... same with staff on site ... the customer pays by the hour.

My response was simple if you are happy for me to spend time on my phone while working on the site ... I will gladly carry and use my phone while on his site ... his response ... no it is fine I will call the office next time and ask them to relay a message to you .. that what I thought he would say.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have the same thing with some customers, where they phone the office

Customer "I want to speak to V....."
    Receptionist "Sorry but V.. is busy right now, can I take a message?"
    Customer "NO!, give me his cell number"
    Receptionist "Sorry I can not do that, can I take a message"
    Customer "What damn business is this that you can not give me his cell number?"
    Receptionist "Sorry sir, can I take a message?'
    Customer "Oh x%&$"
    Puts the phone down.

What customers do not understand, when I am doing some development, and have my hands near 300 to 500V D.C., I do not want to be interupped OK!
    If it is urgent, let the receptionist know, and she will relay the message, but they you are going to have to wait a little bit until I am in a safe zone again.
    Don't they get it!
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Communications is at OUR convenience - WE make the rules.

11. Thanks given for this post:

Justloadit (18-Sep-21)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast