Thread: Pastel Cost of Sales not calculating correctly

Thanks

Pastel Cost of Sales not calculating correctly

Hi

My pastel has two categories regarding cost of sales.
    The one category which is mostly physical stock items is working fine on pastel. I.e. when a sales invoice is issued the cost of sales and stock inventory journal is automatically calculated and processed by pastel.

As for the other category, which consist largely out of service items, this is unfortunately not the case. I have double checked everything I can think of to no prevail. The sales invoices processed for June are about 1,600 invoices in the sales detailed ledger, whereas under the corresponding cost of sales detailed ledger there is only about 15 inventory journal entries.

This is suppose to be an automatic entry from pastel? I have also checked my activity summary on a few specific items and there are definitely cost prices for the items. Can anyone assist me with this?

Thank you and regards,

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Cilly I am not a Pastel expert, however the service items have no impact on cost of sales when a sale is realised. A debit is only created when you incur the expense, so it is correct.

You need to examine the codes for the 15 items that have created a cost of sales entry and make sure it is correct.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Cilly I am not a Pastel expert, however the service items have no impact on cost of sales when a sale is realised. A debit is only created when you incur the expense, so it is correct.

You need to examine the codes for the 15 items that have created a cost of sales entry and make sure it is correct.
    Thank you, I feel pretty stupid now for not realising that on my own...
    It still leaves the question as to the 15x items actually debited to cost of sales, as I checked these items individually and these are all set as service items.
    Anyway, I'll figure out a plan going forward, thank you so much for shedding light on this situation