Thread: New SARS eFiling website

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

New SARS eFiling website

SARS has updated their SARS eFiling website, and as an experienced user of the old website I had a few problems getting going on the new one.

The main challenge is logging in. It refused to recognise my old username and password combination. After fighting it, then trying the lost password option (which got me nowhere too), I resorted to using the "Lost Username" link.

You will need your cellphone number, email address, ID number and your income tax number handy to complete the process.
    Assuming these all match your "old eFiling" profile, you will then select whether you want a one-time PIN to be sent to your cellphone or email address.
    You'll then have 3 minutes to confirm through the PIN.
    This then lets you create a new password.

I then managed to log in using my old Username and my new password.

Happily, the companies linked to my user profile were all there and it didn't take long for me to find my way around. The only remaining pain point proved to be that historically I have used Internet Explorer for all my eFiling activities. The new website does not like Internet Explorer at all.

So I resorted to Chrome.
    Which meant activating Flash for the website in order to be able to submit a return. That took a little mucking about to figure out as well...

I'm a little curious as to how many ways this is going to go wrong for other people. For example the potential for, and consequences of a mismatch with cellphone number or email address seems fairly high...

If you have any exciting moments with the new SARS eFiling interface, please share.

Thanks
    Let's hope it works better than Ufiling.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I agree, logging in was an interesting (read frustrating) exercise.

I am glad you said "updated" and not "upgraded"

Thanks
    I was aware that the login change was going to happen but because I didn't know exactly how it was going to happen I chose to use my personal username and login details as the default rather than the business one. It all worked well for me and I can access personal as well as business.

Now I wonder which login details I will have to use when I submit my e@syfile 501? I would assume that it would now be the personal default ... but assumptions can be very wrong!
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Now I wonder which login details I will have to use when I submit my e@syfile 501? I would assume that it would now be the personal default ... but assumptions can be very wrong!
    Yup - it appears my assumption was very wrong. To submit your emp501 reconciliation via e@syfile you have to use the "old" login details for the business. Glad I kept all my info!
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Yup - it appears my assumption was very wrong. To submit your emp501 reconciliation via e@syfile you have to use the "old" login details for the business. Glad I kept all my info!
    Hi There, we recently had an error of needing to use a preferred login, and it defaulted to our managing directors personal details, due to ID, the regular company login became redundant? and we've since had to link the company profile under the director and she invite respective persons as users. Now a new problem, Easy File isn't recognizing the login, would you perhaps have any solutions?

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Hi Nicky03 - I assume that you mean the login is not being recognised when you have to submit from e@syfile. Have you tried using the regular company login details for e@syfile?