Something every electrician should have in his box of tricks.

I have had a PT 65 in my box for as long as i can remember ...a robust piece of equipment...i havent taken good care of it ...however it has taken a beating and still going strong.

i give it a 9/10 and the only reason it looses 1 point is because the labels (M tape ) fade it you leave them outside (not designed for outside)...i need to check with brother if they do a UV stable label for this machine.

I also have (had) a PT 2480 in my box of tricks...specifically used for outdoors...control panels...cable marking etc...printing up to 24 mm ...a very useful tool...only one down side to this printer as i have recently learnt...no backup service....took it to brother because the code button (the most important button on the printer) stopped working...it seems a common fault on this model...the pc board below the keys packs up...i was hoping Brother would have offered a trade in or a cheaper price for an upgrade...not so lucky

Time to upgrade...my thought were to get a PT E550 WVP ...works with the phone via wi fi ...auto cuts...has a rechargeable battery ...etc...etc... no more wasting short off cut pieces like the PT 2480 etc etc ...however blowing almost R 5000 on a hand held printer which might doesn't have replaceable parts...mmmm that is a lot of money to spend on a disposable printer.

My question...anyone know of any good quality hand held printers which have a god backup service?

I dont mind spending R 5 k on a printer...i just want to know i dont have to throw it away when it breaks.