After being unemployed for a while in South Africa I emigrated to Australia about 6 Years ago, but still had R48,000 of debt in SA (credit cards + personal loan). For more than 2 years I helped my dad pay back about R80,000 for our failed family business and now financially look after my parents every month (Dad unemployed looking after my mum who has epilepsy). I battle on minimum wage installing gutters. I have no assets to sell, but did the wrong thing, I should have tried harder to settle the debt in SA (likely more than R100k now with interest). I've had setbacks in Australia but the last two years I have saved up for a plane ticket to visit my parents, but I am terrified to come back to South Africa. I don’t know if there would be a warrant out for my arrest, for the debt and/or contempt of court if the creditors demanded I appear in court and did not (haven't received a summons/demand but it might have been sent to my old address in SA). Maybe this warrant will pop up on a customs official's computer. Will I be arrested at the airport when I arrive or leave?