I have 6 months left of a 2 year contract with telkom...the contract is for a 10 meg line with free land line and a dongle in case the line fails.

There is 6 months left of the contract...however apparently the telkom cable was stolen which supplies our area...i tried logging numerous faults...never heard anything from them...today i decided to go to telkom at the Pavilion...were i am told they no longer replace stolen cables...it is not their problem that the cables are being stolen and they can no longer honor their contract... i must make other arrangements...however i must continue to pay the monthly fee until i make other arrangement...there is no dialling tone on my landline and no adsl...it all dead.

I am told i must go stand in the que and apply for a wireless telkom telephone and at the same time sign up for a new fibre contract for data or sign up an LTE contract...i am told i must cancel my contract and pay a fee for the balance of the lit box they supplied...then contact their billing department and file a dispute for the bill every month until everything is sorted out.
I advised them that they are in breach of contract...the lady behind the counter found it quite amusing ....all i can say is thank goodness i dont have a debt order for my telkom payment...so now the harassment from collection agencies are going to start

While at the counter another customer indicated that they had the same problem and where also bullied into signing up new contracts.