Thread: Telkom cannot honor their adsl or landline contracts

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Telkom cannot honor their adsl or landline contracts

I have 6 months left of a 2 year contract with telkom...the contract is for a 10 meg line with free land line and a dongle in case the line fails.

There is 6 months left of the contract...however apparently the telkom cable was stolen which supplies our area...i tried logging numerous faults...never heard anything from them...today i decided to go to telkom at the Pavilion...were i am told they no longer replace stolen cables...it is not their problem that the cables are being stolen and they can no longer honor their contract... i must make other arrangements...however i must continue to pay the monthly fee until i make other arrangement...there is no dialling tone on my landline and no adsl...it all dead.

I am told i must go stand in the que and apply for a wireless telkom telephone and at the same time sign up for a new fibre contract for data or sign up an LTE contract...i am told i must cancel my contract and pay a fee for the balance of the lit box they supplied...then contact their billing department and file a dispute for the bill every month until everything is sorted out.
    I advised them that they are in breach of contract...the lady behind the counter found it quite amusing ....all i can say is thank goodness i dont have a debt order for my telkom payment...so now the harassment from collection agencies are going to start

While at the counter another customer indicated that they had the same problem and where also bullied into signing up new contracts.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I had the exact same experience, except for 6 months bit.
    I opted for the LTE and cancelled my ADSL contract. The clots deleted my email accounts.

After a song and a dance they re-established them. A couple of weeks ago they stopped working .... the email addresses are relevant to ADSL, not LTE. Attempting to get that attended to was the worlds worst mission.

When being attended to, after easily an hour, the system rejected my credit worthiness. Despite an existing Telkom account! My car was not on their list either, nor my credit card. They insisted on "Edgars" and some other names. Eventually my wife had to put it on her name, because she had a listed account.

They wont last long I am sure.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I had the exact same experience, except for 6 months bit.
    I opted for the LTE and cancelled my ADSL contract. The clots deleted my email accounts.

After a song and a dance they re-established them. A couple of weeks ago they stopped working .... the email addresses are relevant to ADSL, not LTE. Attempting to get that attended to was the worlds worst mission.

When being attended to, after easily an hour, the system rejected my credit worthiness. Despite an existing Telkom account! My car was not on their list either, nor my credit card. They insisted on "Edgars" and some other names. Eventually my wife had to put it on her name, because she had a listed account.

They wont last long I am sure.
    I made the mistake of using telkom email the first time around...

The best part about cancelling the contract ...i dont agree with the terms and conditions...so i cant cancel the contract...talk about being bullied...i am refusing to pay the outstanding balance as there is bill dispute for 6 weeks of no service...which now results in me not being allowed to log a fault...you cant win with these bullies.

because i ended up having to agree with the T&Cs to cancel the contract now suddenly they want to talk to me about fixing the fault (no service)

what blows my mind is there are SO MANY complaints lodged against HELLKOM (i see the name people are using when referring to the bullies) yet Carte Blanche or one of the more powerful media platforms are nt exposing them for the way they bully the public.